What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for reviewing and correcting various CTR reports and CTRs to meet eFiling deadlines and escalate suspicious activity and system anomalies. Must be flexible, adapt to changes in procedures, systems and Federal Regulations.
1. Reviews, creates, and deletes, and edits various currency transactions reporting in the appropriate systems.
2. Documents changes on the appropriate system's reports.
3. Contacts branches by e-mail to obtain or notify of missing or incorrect information and ensures that all business partners are aware for acknowledgement on the Branch Self Assessment Quarterly review.
4. Identifies and escalates suspicious activity by filing appropriate forms/notifications for further review.
5. Reviews, validates, and documents acknowledged errors and warning.
6. Reviews various reports and ensures validation and that currency transaction reporting are within the cut-off range and included in transmissions and not late due to prior cut-off dates.
7. Assists in reviewing completed CTR reports before cut-off
8. Cross-trains other employees
9. Recognizes system anomalies and escalates appropriate
10. Accurately tracks daily production numbers for department analysis
11. Meets all deadlines.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· High School Diploma or GED
· 2+ years banking operations experience
Field of Experience
• Working knowledge of BSA/AML regulations pertaining to Large Currency Transactions
• Working knowledge of Bank of the West HOST system and its various applications