What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
The Sr IT BIDM Release Coordinator works as production release coordinator for Business Intelligence Data Management (BIDM) applications at Bank of The West. The candidate will be part of BIDM OPS and Engineering team and will be working with larger BIDM team in planning and implement production releases. Most importantly, the right Individual is highly motivated, with a positive, Can-do attitude and leading from the front in a fast-paced environment.
1. Act as release coordinate for BIDM releases to shepherd ETL code to production environments to meet project delivery objectives.
2. Work with project managers within Business Intelligence and Data management (BIDM) team to put together release schedule.
3. Work closely with BIDM project teams to ensure the release schedule is up to date.
4. Communicate BIDM management team of upcoming releases, risks, mitigation plan for BIDM projects.
5. Work with BIDM team to put together and publish releases management process.
6. Work with project team in putting together implementation plan and reviewing the same with the performers, getting approval, closely monitoring the tasks during implementation window and providing update to the team on progress/issues.
7. Act as incident coordinator to manage production defects to closure.
8. Review the usage of the nonproduction environment and look for better ways to meet the delivery and quality objectives.
9. Seek opportunities to bundle multiple deliveries into fewer production releases
10. Champion change, automation with the data project teams for faster development cycles
11. Collaborate with larger BIDM team to establish SLA and document production support manual.
12. Provide support to BIDM Incident Management. This includes tracking the incident/defects to closure. Publish metrics on production incidents and defects.
13. Collaborate with all relevant BIDM & IT resources to develop preventive measures (Problem Management).
14. Partners with BIDM team and other IT service groups to build a quality service model for the group ensuring adherence to bank and information systems policies and procedures, security measures and audit standards.
15. Ensures adherence to bank and information systems policies and procedures, security measures and audit standards.
16. Performs other duties as assigned
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or a related field
· 8-10 years IT experience
Field of Experience
· Strong knowledge in ITIL practices in the area of Incident, Release, and Change and Problem management.
· Candidates preferred with past experience with data warehousing or business intelligence projects.
· Excellent communications skills with strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
· Experience in data management and service delivery for financial services.
· Good understanding of database technologies such as Oracle and Teradata.
· Ability to address high priority production issues and break down the problem statement efficiently for user communication.
· Experience in managing work / incident queues.
· Experience with SQL scripts and Unix scripts will be plus.
· Experience of various Informatica Products- Powercenter, IDQ, B2B and Metadata Manager will be plus but not required.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.