Assistant Branch Manager I - Enid, OK
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, Wealth Management.
The Assistant Branch Sales Manager position is responsible for fostering growth of relationships with the Bank. This role develops new loan and deposit business and expands account relationships with existing customers and coordinates all the sales activities in the branch.
· Leads the sales effort in the branch by implementing promotional campaigns and product initiatives.
· Leads sales meetings and provides training on selling bank products and providing superior customer service.
· Manages the more complex sales transactions of the branch and cross sells products and services, including mortgage loans.
· Assists the Branch Manager with all team member activities related to sales staff including: interviewing, hiring, coaching, and performance management
· Assists the Branch Manager in leading sales of the Relationship Banker team by: establishing annual performance targets, providing direction and support through activity based coaching and skill development.
· Assists with ensuring that the branch team members meets all regulatory compliance standards and follows all operating policies and procedures.
· In the Branch Manager's absence the position will manage all aspects of the branch.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three years of experience in Retail Banking with strong sales and management skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Complete understanding of all Bank deposits and credit product and services
- Experience with customer transactions, overrides, Insufficient Funds and Overdraft guidelines and certifications
- Computer experience, preferably with Touchpoint Teller and New Account Systems
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The regulations implementing the S.A.F.E. Act statute require that individual mortgage loan originators be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.