At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.
Job Description Summary
This position is an Application Support Engineer II (Senior level) role will be part of the AIS (Application Implementation & Support) supporting Financial, Risk, Business Intelligence Operations support at Bank of the West . The job primarily requires prior experience in Installation, Configuration and Upgrade of OBIEE 12c in both Linux and Windows environment. Must have Linux and Shell Scripting skills. The job also requires work experience in infrastructure/production support and knowledge on OBIEE and experience in any other Financial / Risk Applications in LINUX/Unix/Windows environment is a plus. The candidate will need to have very good communication and technical skills to understand and troubleshoot production issues and be able to handle issues with minimal supervision. The candidate must be a team player and willing to support other applications within the team. The candidate needs to possess excellent communication skills collaborating with business and IT with excellent troubleshooting production job failures.
Essential Job Functions
- Required to support new Applications as required with in the EADS Finance and Risk Applications Support Team.
- Maintenance of the Application Infrastructure platform (upgrades, patches, health monitoring).
- Worked on Change Management Tools to track all the incidents and changes and to plan the production changes as per the change management policies.
- Provide L1\\L2 tier troubleshoot/production support (on call) for application support jobs in production.
- Collaborate and work with business/development team on L3 issues and follow the task to completion.
- Provide on call support (if required) for month/quarter end support for financial close applications .
- Participate in IT upcoming releases, risks, mitigation plan, regular DR exercise and create implementation plan for project roll out.
- Ensures adherence to bank and information systems policies and procedures, security measures, vulnerability checks/resolutions and audit standards.
- Documentation and improvements related to process related to security/risk/standards.
- Team player working with team of engineers with varied skills.
- 6 - 10 years of experience in application/production support in LINUX/UNIX/Windows environment and third party vendor products.
- 4+ years recent work experience in OBIEE infrastructure maintenance and application administration.
- Strong Experience in installing / upgrading OBIEE in Linux/Exalytics environment.
- 4+ years of experience in Weblogic administration for OBIEE and / or any other application.
- 4+ years of experience in Oracle SQL required for regular maintenance and administration.
- 6 - 10 years strong experience in shell scripting (required) and other scripting tools such as batch, power shell, python etc. (preferable).
- Required prior Experience in configuring SSL and kerberos SSO authentication.
- Preferred knowledge on ETL Informatica/Pentaho
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.