Flex General - Project Assignment through End of Year 2016
United States-California-City of Industry
Administrative / Clerical
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Performs clerical office work such as document processing, record keeping and report compilation requiring simple analysis and use of judgement.
- Proof reads work for completeness, accuracy and format.
- Posts data to various records and forms, creates and maintains charts. Gathers data from various sources and prepares reports. Answers and files correspondence. Performs similar duties requiring the exercise of clerical and office skills.
- Enters or retrieves data from established computer files.
- Performs light typing, operates a CRT or related office equipment in completing work assignments.
- Performs a variety of routine typing and clerical duties as necessary.
- Maintains records of documents processed.
- Receives, classifies, consolidates, and/or summarizes documents and information.
- Performs clerical duties such as answering telephones and directing inquiries, setting up/maintaining files, and distributing incoming mail.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High school or equivalent
- Six to twelve months
Field of Experience
- Working knowledge of general office procedures with experience using office equipment.
- Answers telephone and screens calls
- Balance figures
- Compile statistics
- Directs calls
- Familiarity with bank terminals
- Filing and typing documents
- Maintain filing systems
- Maintain logs
- Operate 10 key adding machine
- Proofread documents
- Types 45 wpm
- No supervisory responsibility
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.