Credit Support Analyst – Graduate Program (18 months)
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
North America Coverage is responsible for cross-selling an array of the firm's products and services across strategically targeted corporate clients in various business sectors. The Credit Management team supports the bankers to ensure counterparty risk issues for the client base are addressed. The Credit Management team does this by monitoring a portfolio of clients and preparing internal credit memos to be submitted to the Risk department. The Credit Support team works to assist the Credit Management team transversally in support of key components of the credit memos.
• Assist the Credit Management team key components of the create credit memos
• Fill certain mandatory templates within the credit memo
• Translate client financial information into BNPP’s proprietary financial statement tool
• Perform research by downloading documents from market data sources and updating research within credit memos
• Propose improvements to processes and templates in order to gain efficiency and automation
• Participate in ad-hoc credit-related projects
• Communicate and work effectively with team members in different locations (New York, Chicago, Texas, San Francisco and Toronto)
• Bachelor’s degree
• Understanding of general banking and lending products
• Strong Microsoft Office skills; particularly with Excel, chart-making and graphs
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines and deliver accurate documentation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Detail-oriented person with ability to take initiative when working alone or with peers
• Prior experience in a corporate banking environment (or equivalent).
• Past experience in accounting or financial statement analysis
• Ability to read lending-related legal documentation
FINRA Registrations Required: None
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.