FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
Vice-president – Financing Activities and Cost of risk
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
• The analyst is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and control of the general ledgers for the entities under the team’s responsibility, ensuring that the GL and reports under his/her responsibility are accurate and completed on a timely basis. When applicable, he/she coordinates review and potential adjustments with the business / functions that they support.
• The analyst will also be responsible to perform activities required for the month end closing related to processes under the responsibility of the Finance Regional Group platform.
Accounting & Control Functions
• Perform the day-to-day operations of the team :
• Perform collection, processing and reporting of all transactions in the ledger under his/her responsibility
• Perform manual entries and ensure reconciliation of the results to the financial ledgers
• Perform sanity checks / reviews of monthly and quarterly reports, raising questions and ensuring adequate audit trails and completeness, consistency, and accuracy of the data.
Projects, Systems Support, Operational Process Improvements
• Perform the operation, integrity and control of all reporting tools and operational processes (e.g. Data upload)
• Provide support to the manager for new version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments / enhancements required to facilitate new/modified reporting requirements; perform the user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment
• Assess potential enhancements and operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the work’s efficiency and effectiveness
• Observe/follow the bank’s policies and procedures
• Assist in any special project or request as directed by management.
Training and occupational experience
• Accounting degree from a reputable university. Graduate degree and/or CPA/Chartered Accountant designation desirable
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in at least several of the following corporate and/or line of business disciplines preferably within a corporate banking company: financial accounting and control, financial planning and analysis, management reporting, audit (internal/external), compliance and risk management positions
Essential specific requirements
• Working knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles in IFRS as well as regulatory and tax accounting rules and regulations (an asset)
• Excellent Excel skills (including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, SUMIF)
• Ability to learn new systems quickly
• Maturity, professional standing, strong interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills
• Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
• Understanding of system requirements and capabilities to ensure appropriate controls and operational processes
• Ability to work with remote locations
• Bilingual English / French
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.