FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
The position is within Accounts Payable department in the Regional North America platform located in Montreal, under the supervision of the Performance Management Director and FRG Director. Our main internal clients are located in New York and in Canada.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Accounts payable manager is responsible for the day-to-day department operations and supervision. He/she develops implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies for accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to Bank guidelines.
The manager acts as liaison between various teams in Montreal, Accounts Payable team located in Mumbai (ISPL) and between company’s internal and external client. He/she provides accounts payable assistance to different stakeholder, project managers and operational staff.
He/she ensure accuracy of payment information and implement controls to reduce operational risk in compliance with SOX requirements.
Manage day to day department operations:
• Ensure accuracy and timely process for third party vendor’s invoices thru Basware system and travel expense claim reimbursement process thru Concur system (US and Canada),
• Coordinate any urgent processes and ensure no operational risk is involved in such instances,
• Manage AP disbursement operations: process check payment, supervise Wire transfers and expense claim reimbursements,
• Overview third party vendor creation and maintenance process, ensure compliance with Bank policies related to vendor risk assessment,
• Review OFAC matches in compliance with bank’s OFAC risk assessment,
• Perform SAP uploads, post/clear and run proposals in SAP,
• Coordinate AP monthly closing operations and review sensitive accounts reconciliation,
• Prepare and analyze monthly COO Dashboard indicators,
• Validate and sign off on year-end tax reporting for US entities (1099 and 1042),
• Coordinate AP unclaimed property process for US entities,
• Assist in internal and external audit processes,
• Provide support assistance and/or training to our internal client for Basware and Concur
• Liaise with other functions to ensure the adherence to Bank and Group policies,
• Respond to AP related questions/concerns to meet business needs,
• Develops and implement AP operational procedures, inform team on procedures updates, ensure they meet compliance requirements,
• Create, document and maintain procedures related to AP operations,
• Identify and resolve system bottlenecks, streamline processes in order to make them more efficient and being solution providers,
• Validate and review employee user accesses to systems; change status information in software to ensure accuracy,
• Overview AP mailbox maintenance,
• Act as a backup if a team member is absent
Manage Accounts Payable team Montreal:
• Supervise a team of 2 employees located in Montreal Responsible for staff operational process and ensure good repartition of the tasks
• Ensure staff skills and competencies in order to support operational and control tasks
• Ensure effective operational back-up plan across the team
• Ensure teams observance of the banks policies and procedures
• Perform semi-annual and annual evaluation of the team, revised annual objectives and address performance issues
• Maintain accurate job descriptions for A/P employees
• Select, hire and train new employees
Manage relationship with Accounts Payable ISPL located in Mumbai:
• Oversee a team 10 employees in Mumbai
• Monitor daily the services provided by ISPL Accounts Payable team (including operations, payments and static data),
• Ensure adequate audit trails, completeness, consistency and accuracy of the production that ISPL provides,
• Serve as the primary point of contact for inquiries regarding tasks performed by ISPL,
• Implement control framework to monitor ISPL efforts,
• Analyze ISPL performance to improve process quality,
• Address performance issues and make recommendations,
• Maintain KPIs and respond to ‘’voice of customer’’,
• Assess additional task to be transferred to ISPL and manage transition process if needed
Coordinate projects related to A/P:
• Coordinate multiple A/P automation projects initiative on-going and act as subject matter expert
• Act as subject matter expert for A/P systems as SAP, Basware, Concur, Connexis…
• Develop training materials and offer trainings for applications as required
• Assist in testing applications, provide feedback and sign-off
• Liaise with different stakeholders : ISPL, FPO, Cost accounting, SAP, BasWare, Next
• Provide support to his/her manager for any question related to AP escalation, production tasks and/or project
• Observe the bank’s policies and procedures
• Assist Business Groups in any escalations and issues
• Ensure internal client satisfaction and shared relevant KPI in order to measure progress in the invoice lifecycle.
• Have regular meeting with our mains stakeholders and monitor/prepare the governance in place
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university
• Minimum 8-10 years working experience in Accounts Payable department dealing with US and Canada processes preferably within Financial Services Industries
• Team management experience minimum of 3 to 5 years
• Positive contribution in project management supervision and coordination
• Working knowledge and understanding of accounting principles,
• US tax experience acquired during working experience or education : IRS tax forms collection (W9, W8),1099/1042 filing experience and US unclaimed property
• Agile with Excel including pivot tables and most common excel functions
• Capability to learn fast to use new systems and processes
• Experience with SAP system is desirable and/or ERP standard AP systems (Basware, Concur, swift,….)
• Ivalua software knowledge is a plus
• Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and fluent in French and in English
• Commitment, rigorous in his job and flexible in order to ensure client satisfaction
• Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.