Compliance Senior Analyst
COMPLIANCE AND PERMANENT CONTROL
Job Description: The Compliance Analyst will report to and support the Colombia Head of Compliance in the operations of the Compliance function for the Colombia CIB business units. The Compliance Analyst will help to ensure that the activities of the various businesses and functions in Colombia are organized and carried out according to the requirements of all applicable regulations, professional and ethical standards, as well as the guidelines and procedures of BNP Paribas Group and Americas Compliance. The successful candidate will be a risk management professional who can contribute to the effective administration of all Compliance risk controls and processes in the relevant subject matter areas, including:
Financial Security, which includes Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing (SARLAFT), Sanctions, and Anti-Bribery & Corruption.
Policies and Procedures
Conflicts of Interest
Controls Assessment, Monitoring and Testing
Employee Conduct and Personal Financial Activities
Regulatory Change Management
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Colombia Head of Compliance,
- Oversee the proper operation of tools for monitoring and analyzing the operations of the firm’s clients aimed at detecting and preventing the laundering of assets and the financing of terrorism, in accordance with Colombian law and BNP Paribas Group policies. In Colombia this includes
- analyzing the evolution of risk profiles and controls adopted in the Territory, coordinating internal training programs,
- updating the SARLAFT manual,
- complying with the reporting requirements of internal and external entities,
- designing and implementing methodologies, models and indicators for the detection of unusual operations, and
- providing the necessary instructions and formats for the operation of the firm’s SARLAFT program.
- Investigate and resolve alerts generated by transaction monitoring systems.
- Oversee client onboarding, due diligence and monitoring/recertification processes to ensure compliance with regulatory and internal Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements and standards.
- Monitor business activity and provide advice on Compliance and regulatory matters as needed.
- Participate in situations involving reputational risk for the entity and propose appropriate measures to mitigate the risk.
- Assist on regulatory exams and inquiries and related responses.
- Prepare and file regulatory reports.
- Participate in the review of all new products, activities or transactions to ensure compliance with regulatory and operational requirements.
- Collaborate with other Control Functions, including Risk, Operations, Legal and Technology, to promote effective risk management processes and controls.
- Prepare presentations and other materials for Risk Committee, Compliance Committee and other governance committee meetings.
- Coordinate with Americas Compliance in
- Conducting periodic risk assessments
- Execution of controls testing
- Updating of policies and procedures
- Ensuring all personnel complete required Compliance training
- Assist in the onboarding of new personnel and collect required Compliance disclosures.
- Assign and maintain personnel account dealing classifications to inform surveillance processes.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Demonstrated knowledge (either through experience or education) of risk management concepts, practices and procedures
- General understanding of financial services and products
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and spoken)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and foster effective relationships, to think analytically and provide advice based on sound judgment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, as well as attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple open issues and projects at the same time and meet timely deadlines and interact and work closely with the business and infrastructure partners at all levels of seniority
- Background in engineering, process design/implementation, administrative or economic sciences or law
- Experience with the design and implementation of technology systems and tools
- Audit, and/or regulatory experience a plus
- Experience dealing with local banking or securities regulatory officials
- Fluency in French and/or Portuguese