Senior Client Service Officer
Empleado a jornada completa
Descripción del puesto
CLIENT MANAGEMENT TEAM MANDATE
Within the Client Management (CLM) department of CIB, the Client Service team’s objective, as part of the operations area of CLM is to provide our clients with a top of the range service and ensure a dedicated follow-up of their post transactions queries. The team works closely with the different CIB teams (Coverage, Business representatives, Payments team, IT, etc. ) and covers all métiers (Global Markets, Corporate Banking) and products (Cash Management, Corporate Deposit Line, Fixed Income, Equities, etc).
As part of Client Service, the Senior Client Service Officer acts as a first line client support for all post-sales / post-trade related queries. The team is to provide an efficient delivery of high level quality service, in accordance with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
The objective of Client Service is to assist the external clients, both Financial Institutions and Corporates, by providing them with a certain number of services, potentially ranging from the set-up and contracting of e-banking and product solutions, the set-up of reporting facilities, general queries management for questions related to their day to day interactions with the bank and activity monitoring. It may also encompass proactive reach out to clients for information sharing or necessary documentation collection.
The team is to work together with their business partners (Front Office, Back Office and Support Functions) to act as an added value relay for clients, and be able to provide the client with the appropriate answer within a timely manner. A key success factor of the Client service team is the ability to keep a close interaction and understanding of any teams onshore, as well as with the key business partners.
Overall Job Purpose
The Senior Client Service Officer is the front line operational point of contact for a client regarding any of their post-trade / post-sales activities.
The team is responsible for delivering an excellent service, which mandate is described above.
The team’s main objective is to manage clients’ expectations and so be responsible for providing the client with the appropriate answer within a timely manner, coordinating with other teams in the Bank when necessary. They play an important role in ensuring and improving day-to-day operational efficiency for maintaining and improving effective client queries management and as such directly contributing to the clients’ satisfaction.
Job responsibilities and tasks / missions
- Provide CIB clients with a first line entry point for support in their post-sales and post-trade activities for Corporate Banking. The team’s main objective is to contribute to client satisfaction by delivering an efficient and active client queries management, and as such needs to take all necessary measures to allow that each client’s request is dealt with in the appropriate way and is answered in a timely manner. This may also involve helping the client to navigate through the complex organization of the Bank.
- Each team member needs to maintain a dynamic, interactive and pro-active relationship with the clients and with the internal stakeholders, ranging from Front Office to Back Office and Support Functions.
- Report and handle in the appropriate way any incidents, complaints and claims according to procedures and policies in place.
- Handle the necessary steps for providing the client with the necessary e-banking solutions and products, ranging from contracting to the technical set-up of these tools and products, and ensure day to day queries management linked to their usage.
- Parameterize, maintain and monitor the reporting for the client in the relevant systems, according to the clients’ requests. Monitor daily controls and actively look for solutions when issues arise to ensure smooth, accurate and timely reporting to clients.
- Participate to any proactive communication/reach out to clients as and when required
- Add value in the day to day interaction between the bank and its clients, by engaging and coordinating internally with key stakeholders and relay back to the clients the necessary information, and vice-versa
- Produce required reports and provide information for internal quality and performance reviews.
- Participate in relevant projects as and when is required
- Be an active member of the team and take ownership of the activities by recommending improvements to applications and working practices.
- Maintain excellent relationships with internal stakeholders, ranging from Sales, Business Managers to Middle and Back Office team and other Support teams. Organize information sharing sessions with key stakeholders to exchange experiences, improve processes and share best practices.
Get an accurate and updated understanding of the needs of a client and understand their Market and operating environment. Identify opportunities to introduce alternative or additional products to their activities and advice the relevant Front Office staff.
REPORTING AND APPRAISAL CRITERIA
Is evaluated upon
- The accuracy, clarity, timeliness and the quality of the service provided to the clients
- The ability to demonstrate first class communication skills, towards clients and internal stakeholders
- Judgement to escalate issues on time and in a structured way
- The ability to develop effective influencing skills, vis-à-vis internal stakeholders, with a partnership approach
- Practical problem solving and resolution
- Client focus, overall stakeholder management and positive relationship building
- The ability to assimilate quickly new processes and products, to respond to new situations and requests with flexibility and an open mindset
- The capability to be an approachable and participative team member
- The objectives are set by the local head of Client Services and the relevant local team head
The reward process is under the local head of Client Services and the relevant local team head
COMPETENCIES, EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS
• Perfectly fluent in Spanish and English
• Banking experience, preferably in Corporate Banking
• Knowledge of Corporate Banking, related products, Cash Management, Payments and processes
• E-banking solutions experience, technical affinity, set-up, support, client training
• Experience in organizing and prioritizing workload
Personal skills and qualities
• Excellent communication skills, ability to express thoughts and opinions in a structured way
• Client focus, interpersonal and ability to network
• Analytical and problem solving
• Team player
• Attention to detail, accurate and organized
• Flexible and open-minded, result driven, pro-active and ability to take initiative
• Risk aware
For a senior position: proven experience (at least 3 years) within Banking, preferably Corporate Banking
EDUCATION, PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- University degree, preferably in Economics, Finance or Business Administration
- Experience in Banking is essential; experience in Corporate Banking is a big plus
Fluent in Spanish and English is mandatory, both written and spoken; Other European language is a plus