At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Manages a Workout team, for the Equipment Finance Division portfolio. Oversees daily operations and governs workflow responsibility and assignments for the group. Reports directly to Division Risk Manager and acts as primary coordinator for strategic planning and reporting for this group.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Oversees planning, policies, and procedures for the EFD Special Asset department.
- Responsible for planning that minimizes cost of risk for the division and maximizes recovery.
- Directly handles complex accounts and is final approver of plans for repayment.
- Works with Asset Management group to coordinate the asset recovery in the EFD portfolio.
- Oversees management of the Special Assets officers to implement sound collections, workout, restructuring, and recovery efforts in order to maximize Bank recovery on problem accounts.
- Oversees assignment of accounts to external agencies and serves as primary contact.
- Motivates and manages through selection, development, training, and performance management
- May be required to represent the bank on cases involving bankruptcy and litigation
- Provides feedback to sales groups and Bank risk on lease documentation questions and EFD program arrangements
- Serves as primary liaison with Bank SAD on problem lease accounts
- Oversees management and tracking by bankruptcy desk of Bankrupt accounts
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Bachelor's Degree Business or Finance and or equivalent experience
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience in commercial loan workouts preferably in equipment finance.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
- Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Business / Commercial Banking