WM PIMH - Operational Permanent Control
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Implementation of the Group policy related to Operational Permanent Control Framework (process analysis, controls performance, follow-up of action plans, reporting) within the Business line Wealth Management in PIMH
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Risk & Controls Self-Assessment:
- To identify and to assess risks of the Métier in order to define and to perform the adequate controls
- To follow-up risks, anomalies that were identified and remedial actions and to report achievements on a regular basis to operational managers, Management body in the Métier
- To participate in the identification and analysis of the incidents reported by the Business Managers and upload of historical incidents in the tool
- To define action plans, with local experts when necessary, and to implement and to follow-up them
- To define the local Potential Incidents (if applicable)
Controls performance and procedures:
- To adapt and contribute to the up-to-date of the procedures and control methodologies with 1st LoD Generic Control Plans, procedures and new regulatory requirements, new products or processes
- To analyse the control results and to participate in the definition and the follow-up of implementation of action plans in order to strength the OPC framework with the PIMH activities
To perform the defined Key Surveillance Points (KSPs):
- The annual control plan – Generic Control Plan WM RISK ORC H.O
- The specific controls related to activities within the scope – OPC local independent controls
- The challenging and monitoring the results of the Managerial controls
Findings, recommendations and permanent control actions:
- To coordinate the follow-up of audit recommendations and of Permanent Control Actions
- To report the implementation and to escalade when necessary
Organization and reports:
- To contribute to disseminate a risk management culture and to support the Métier for the control and the knowledge of Operational Risk and Permanent Control
- To conduct training sessions related to operational risk – permanent control
- To contribute or prepare and to organize the validation of the regular reports at the local or the Group level
- To contribute actively to any Committee on Operational Risks and Permanente Control Committees
- To contribute and ensure the BCP Plan and requirements of the Group policy are implemented
- To perform the BCP correspondence
- To control that the security rules defined for PIMH are implemented (Control Assessment)
- To control that the clear desk policy rules are respected
- Undergraduate degree in Economy, Finance or similar and/or experience in banking environment
- An understanding of the basic concept of Risk Management and favourably initial work experience in the area of Operational Risk & Control is a plus
- Knowledge of financial instruments
- Good knowledge of Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.