In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Member of the WM APAC AML Transaction Monitoring Hub. The APAC AML Transaction Monitoring Hub currently manages all the automated alerts for Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan.
• Handle automated alerts generated by AML/CFT Transaction Monitoring tools or AML/CFT Transaction Monitoring queries and identify automated alerts requiring further analysis or investigation, according to desktop procedure describing the operational implementation
• Analysis work at L1 will involve making reference to KYC and Client information system, transaction details and previously escalated alerts to understand usual and expected client behavior to contextualize the alert transactions. For alerts which require further clarification, the analyst is required to communicate with the Relationship Managers to understand further on the transaction
• Record decision and rationale based on the facts and the potential ML/FT risk identified.
• Escalate to L2 Investigators or close the automated alert based on the assessment performed.
• Review and escalation to be done in accordance to indicative target timelines. Meet the expected daily alert processing volume
• Follow-up on any remediation work that may arise from Quality Assurance and control testing
• Provide support on change management projects, pursuant to management requests or necessitated by events such as local & global internal audits and periodic inspections by the regulatory authorities.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Proactive and able to work independently
• A self-starter with the organizational skills and ability to work independently, applying sound judgment and rationale for decisions made
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, a flexible, collaborative and team-oriented approach to problem-solving and an ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, and preferably with some experience of dealing in multiple countries in Asia Pacific.
• Must evidence an attention to detail and have an investigative and questioning nature with thorough record-keeping abilities
• A good understanding of private banking industry and their transactions nature
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• University graduate or relevant professional qualifications (e.g. ICA Diploma of Compliance or Anti Money Laundering, and/or other industry AML memberships/certifications, e.g. ACAMS)
• At least 2-3 years of AML/CFT Compliance experience.
• Good general knowledge of the AML/CFT laws, regulations and suspicious reporting standards globally and regionally in an international financial institution or a regulatory body in Asia Pacific is preferred.
Primary Location: SG-06-SingaporeJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: COMPLIANCEEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 3 years
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / Teamwork, Communication skills - oral & written, Organizational skills, Attention to detail / rigorTransversal competency: Ability to understand, explain and support change, Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution, Ability to develop and adapt a process , Analytical Ability