Senior Web Developer (Angular)
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The mission of RISK is to provide Senior Management of the Group and of the Operating Divisions, with full transparency and dynamic analysis of the risk and clients managed by Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) and Investment Solutions (IS) business units, as per the scope detailed below.
The scope of RISK is:
- On Market and Liquidity risks: it is Group-wide. RISK comprehensively covers the CIB capital markets activities, ALM Treasury as well as the IS Business Units,
- On Counterparty risk: it is Group-wide. RISK covers all counterparty risks arising from derivative and repo transactions,
- On Credit risk: credit analysis and approval for all Financial Institutions (including Funds and SPVs), Sovereigns, Wealth Management clients and other IS private clients,
- On Insurance risk: risks generated by Insurance activities,
- Depending on mandates given, RISK also assumes, directly or indirectly, responsibilities on the above risk categories in specific areas of the Retail Business Units.
RISK contributes to the definition of the Group’s risk appetite, its risk decision-making process and the optimization of capital allocation to support the development of the Operating Divisions.
The RISK ERA Systems team is part of RISK. Its mission consists in providing the Bank with a comprehensive capital markets risk system used to calculate market and counterparty risk capital figures using advanced methods and to support the needs of users for risk analysis, risk reporting and the credit process.
In this context, the Data Governance Tool (DGT) was created to monitor data quality within RISK ERA Systems. It came as an answer to BCBS 239 and has now become a key asset for RISK ERA Systems and for RISK in general.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for an HTML5 based (AngularJS) Web Developer responsible for the client side of our service. Your primary focus will be to implement a complete user interface for a web application, with a focus on usability, flexible configuration and performance. Your main duties will include creating modules and components and coupling them together into a functional application for Risk business users.
You will have responsibility for the artistic design, HTML templates, animations, CSS, and final HTML output. You will work in a team with other front and back-end developers, and communicate with the REST API using standard methods.
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil the role of a Data Governance Tool Web Developer as follows:
- Be part of a growing team that is at the heart of our investment in regulatory and business driven change
- Rapidly prototyping solutions to quickly prove/disprove new concepts
- Delivering a complete front end application
- Ensuring high performance in a multi-browser environment
- Cooperating with the back-end developers in the process of building the RESTful API
- Communicating with web services
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Finance or related field
- Data or risk related business analysis experience is preferred
- Experience of market and/or counterparty risk
- Exposure to the practical issues of data loading, validation and management
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Extensive knowledge of CSS and JS methods for providing performant visual effects
- Thorough understanding of multi-tier platforms, including database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services
- Writing asynchronous code, and an understanding of parallel server architectures
- Basic understanding of back-end technologies, such as Java (preferred) or C#
- Strong analytical skills with a creative and flexible approach to problem solving
- Good knowledge of English
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.