About the job
As a member of the KYC Office Team, he / she will be contributing to opening, amending, reviewing and closing client accounts according to established policies and procedures. Depending on his / her assignment within the KYC Office, the Officer could be responsible of analysing the compliance of client documentation and advising accordingly before codification in client referential and in documentation bases. According to the seniority level, the Officer will benefit from supervision of his expert colleagues.
Your Main Activities Are
- Provide the Wealth Management internal clients with appropriate, reliable, flexible and cost efficient client management services, as agreed upon within the Service Level Agreements contracted with them
- Contribute to protect BNPP against reputational, anti-money laundering, AML/CFT and fraud risks, and work closely with the Business to understand the clients and with Compliance to ensure it provides all Regulators requirements
- Implement a consistent and sustained culture of improvement and foster the development of support services, for the sake of a high degree of productivity, process efficiency and execution quality
- Organize and monitor the internal control setup for the PIMH KYC Office perimeter while respecting Group permanent control policies through an adequate governance, monitoring of granted delegations as well as developing and monitoring steering indicators (KPI, KRI, …)
- Contribute to the elaboration of the PIMH KYC Office budget and ensure its respect
Profile and Skills to Success
- Degree in Law, Finance, Management, Business Administration and/or proven professional experience.
- Knowledge of the Bank's activities and the content of the various banking businesses.
- Prior experience in KYC activities is an asset (knowledge of KYC policies, knowledge of company law, KYC / KYT analysis capabilities, Tax Knowledge: Fatca, QI, AEOI)
- Fluent in English and German
- Good practice in Word, Excel, Access, Outlook office tools.
- Ability to become autonomous and flexible quickly, ability to develop judgement and critical thinking
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.