At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We celebrate a strong diverse team-oriented culture rich in collaboration, partnership and career advancement. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and an immediate 6% match on our 401K plan and 100% vesting on day 1. Job Description Summary
This exciting position is responsible for performing various operational activities and provide support in the fastest growing business in Wealth Management. You will assist our Relationship Managers with their clients and support the operations team to meet client service levels. You will also consistently be coordinating information from internal/external clients to help resolve complex and escalated operational issues.Essential Job Functions
- Provide exceptional service delivery to internal and external Wealth banking clients to resolve account service issues and respond to client inquiries promptly and effectively.
- Ensure all Wealth banking policies and procedures are followed. Performs all technical functions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Balances operational controls and customer service in order to minimize risk to the Bank.
- Address all client requests/inquiries, liaising with all other bank service providers and interface with bank office operations to ensure smooth processing and timely resolution. Emphasis with Global Investments Fiduciary Solutions and Retirement & Investments.
- Work with Market Leaders and Relationship Managers to provide exceptional value-added client relations. Serves as primary contact with clients for Bank deposit products and services.
- Participate in selling Bank products and expanding client relationships. Identify and develop cross-sell opportunities by assessing needs through service-focused client contact.
- Preparation, control and maintenance of Know Your Client (KYC) and account opening documentation. Liaison with clients in order to assist Relationship Managers in performing KYC for new, existing and prospective clients.
- Process and approve client deposits, transfers, wires, loan advances, etc
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 3 years minimum prior relevant bank experience.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred.Skills
Demonstrated experience working with high net worth and/or affluent clients in a sales environment.
Demonstrated research and analytical skills with strong attention to organization and details.
Excellent communication skills both in oral and written, to include interpersonal and customer service skills.
Well-developed self-management, social, and ability to deal positively and constructively with clients and other employees in stressful situations.
Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Experience using IT technology/systems required to support banking transactions and provide customer service.
Experience with Global Investments Financial Services platform: functions, processes preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Bank Services