The Trade & Treasury Solutions division provides solutions to improve and optimize the working capital of financial institutions and corporate clients worldwide. This division encompasses four different businesses operating as a strategic unit to address core client needs:
• Liquidity & Investment Advisory (LIA) is a product line responsible for increasing deposit volume and quality, by offering a full product continuum and a superior liquidity advisory service for the CIB corporate client base.
• International Cash Management provides solutions that enable our clients to manage and optimize their cash flows and liquidity worldwide by leveraging the BNP Paribas global network.
• Transaction Solutions for Banks supports the BNP Paribas global network and provides third-party financial institutions worldwide with comprehensive services to meet their domestic clients’ international payment and trade needs.
• Global Trade Solutions is to provide clients with services and tailored solutions to mitigate risk in trade transactions, propose financing and optimize working capital management. The two main product groups are Traditional Trade and Supply Chain Finance.
Reports to a Team Leader within GTS US. The position requires taking the leadership role in realizing new or incremental GTS revenue generating relationships. Responsibilities include:
• As a subject matter expert, proactively identify and originate trade finance solutions in concert with Coverage Relationship Managers throughout the US evolving around Traditional Trade Solution (Documentary LCs, Performance and Trade SBLC, Guarantees and related confirmation, discount…), Supply Chain Management Solutions (Inventory, Receivables, Payables) and Structured Trade Finance (Import Loans, Pre-Export Loans…).
• Determine parameters of potential transactions and propose acceptable structure. Negotiate terms with clients and prepare term sheet. Work with legal counsel on documentation. Coordinate with GTS Structuring and Portfolio Management to insure smooth handling of transactions.
• Focus on and maintain a close relationship with each customer with which the position interacts with the goal of facilitating an ever deeper and expanding relationship and to address and resolve customer problems or issues should they arise.
• Cross sell Trade and Treasury Solutions products including Cash Management and Liquidity whenever possible.
• Develop and maintain aggressive calling program / networking.
• Develop synergies with the Trade Center network.
• Contribute to some product development initiatives, identification of incremental sales opportunities, preparation of sector/client strategic plans, pitches, research / analysis of market trends within the trade finance industry.
• Coordinate with Loan Trading and Syndications to develop and execute successful distribution strategies for all trade products in the Americas, and ensure smooth deal booking, revenue recognition and processing.
• Develop “true-sale” asset distribution structures for local law trade products in key geographies in the Americas to enable an “originate-to-distribute” model.
• Build up knowledge of lenders (including domestic and foreign banks, insurance companies, hedge funds, etc.).
• Maintain dialogue with peers in other lead banks and institutional investors.
• Monitor market trends in trade finance products and provide ongoing market guidance to STM.
• Opine on pricing, structure and terms on all GTS deals, including those whereby BNPP is not the lead arranger / book runner.
Minimum required qualifications:
• Knowledge of profitability of international transactions.
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign education equivalent required in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, International Affairs, or similar field.
• Minimum of 7 years experience in banking or financial services required.
• Good internal and external client service skills, including strong written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Very strong problem solving skills and creativity that can be translated into financial structures with an emphasis on mitigating credit and transaction risks under various trade financing structures.
• Understanding of the US, Canada and Latam markets (market intelligence both at borrowers and investors’ levels).
• Deep and broad investor connections (e.g. banks, finance companies, CLOs and hedge funds) evidenced by track record of deals with various investors.
• Track record of identifying and structuring complex trade transactions across multiple geographies and legal jurisdictions.
• Demonstrated expertise preparing and delivering marketing presentations to existing and prospective clients.
FINRA Registrations Required:
Primary Location: US-NY-New YorkJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: MISCELLANEOUSEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 7 yearsSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / TeamworkTransversal competency: Analytical Ability