The International Cash Management (ICM) Sales Consultant is responsible for selling Global (Outbound) Cash Management solutions to large corporate (CIB) clients in North America. The Consultant will be aligned with a team of relationship bankers and industries to proactively identify opportunities to cross-sell ICM solutions to existing and prospective clients and uncover new revenue streams to the bank. Primary focus will be on Europe and Asia.
- Aggressive new business development for assigned territory/portfolio:
- Achieve new business (mandate) goals; renewed on an annual basis
- Work closely with Relationship Bankers to review client portfolios to identify opportunities
- Develop and execute calling plan to meet all clients within assigned portfolio
- Through a consultative sales approach, understand client needs, identify opportunities and develop solutions in line with the bank’s strengths and capabilities
- Develop specific Account Plans for key relationships
- Manage a portfolio of existing clients to maintain and grow base revenue. Responsible and accountable for worldwide ICM activity related to portfolio.
- Act as “Trusted Advisor” to develop strategic solutions to meet Working Capital objectives.
- Work closely with Regional sales teams and Local CMO’s for new and existing clients.
- Act as Pilot CMO and Client Team leader by indirectly managing a team of cross-functional business partners (Sales, Service, and Implementation) who interact with this client around the world.
- Develop and maintain a deal pipeline of new opportunities for assigned territory.
Experience, Skills and Competencies:
- 5+ years of experience in Cash Management Sales
- In depth knowledge of European and International Cash Management solutions
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with BNP Paribas’ Cash Management organization and procedures.
- Strong “advisory” or “consultative” skills with experience in structuring complex Global solutions
- Strong sales experience as well as corporate treasury and market knowledge.
- Effective communication skills.
- Able to quickly establish high credibility with internal business partners and with client base.
- University degree in a related discipline
- International work experience, primarily in Europe
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location: US-CA-San FranciscoJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: MISCELLANEOUSEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 3 yearsSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / TeamworkTransversal competency: Ability to understand, explain and support change