AVP, ALMT IT Front Office Application Support Lead
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
As a team leader, be part of the Singapore GM APAC IT APS TP BOOKING Team, providing a well managed, efficient, pro-active IT Applications Production Support (APS) and maintenance to the ALM & Treasury, BP2S and Wealth Management Front offices.
As a team lead :
• Manage three staffs on day to day basis, perform coaching, yearly appraisal and new recruitments.
• Oversight the team activities. Prioritize, assign and follow up tasks.
• Provide regular reporting of team workload to management, central teams and steering commitee participants.
• Help distributing information from management to the team and aggregate team feedback to all sponsors.
• Organize regular team meetings and knowledge transfer sessions
Team responsibilities and scope :
• Supporting ALM & Treasury, BP2S, WMI Business and related functions on Kondor+ Ecosystem application and infrastructure (position management system handling twelve different cash, FX and derivatives asset classes).
• Ensure the ongoing Level 1 & 2 technical and functional support of Kondor+ system including:
• Understand Users request and provide a customer oriented support
• Inform users of relevant information
• Support for any production incidents and problem resolution. Gathering of incident symptoms, investigation of root cause and behavior, reproducing incident on test environment, recovery of incident or deployment of workaround, communication with Level 3 for long term fix.
• Support of multiple interfaces from/to upstream and downstream systems
• Support for Kondor APAC core components (Deal booking and schedules generations, Risk & PNL calculation, Reports generation, System configuration…)
• Ensure the ongoing maintenance of Kondor+ APAC system including:
• Capturing Users requirements, performing gap and impact analysis, producing functional specifications, and escalate/follow them up with the relevant IT Teams
• Participate to the lifecycle of multiple ongoing projects as ALMT IT domain expert
• Adhering to defined best practices and GM standards for Change, Release, Incident, Problem and Request Management (ITIL followed)
• Participation in maintenance operation (BCP, DR, maintenance operations, go live, etc.)
• Coordinate with the other IT APS and system Teams supporting the system (ALMT Dev team, Market data, DBA, Unix/Windows …)
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• 5-10 years of experience in similar Front office application support
• Strong SQL and scripting languages (code analysis, debugging, monitoring development...)
• Strong UNIX command lines knowledge (Linux Red Hat used)
• Strong Time and Task management skills in a high multitasking environments
• Exposure to Sybase ASE or similar DB technology, Unix OS, Windows 2008/2012 servers
• Exposure to IT Production environment and standard methodologies (Change and Incident Management, Disaster Recovery process, ITIL and Agile processes)
• Exposure to Excel data manipulation (VLOOKUP, PivotTable, Array, Sumproduct,etc.) and scripting (VBA)
• Exposure to multi-cultural work environment.
• Knowledge of Financial Products such as Risk and Pricing of Derivatives and Cash products
• Knowledge of standard methodology: CMMI, ITIL and Agile
• Preferably advance development and scripting knowledge
• Preferably experience in developing or providing support on Kondor+3.0/3.4 applications
• Preferably experience with Business Object for reports developments