Main Objectives & Purpose:
TSB Roles & Responsibilities
Responsible for business growth and customer satisfaction of our products and services (cash, trade and trade finance) for banks in Canada and U.S.
- Responsible for new business origination from Americas banks with a focus on the Canadian banks and US regionals. Identification of opportunities with NBFI client groups (Insurers, Funds, PE etc.).
- Grow wallet share of cash (with a focus on Euro clearing) as well as CLS, FX solutions, depository opportunities and trade from BNPP’s financial institution client base
- Grow global transaction banking income from existing and prospective clients
Satisfaction of our products and services
- Build goodwill and obtain feedback on our products and services
- Communicate client feedback Among client-facing teams and other internal stakeholders Expedite and provide both our internal and external clients with fast turnaround time to inquiries escalated to the CB
- Coordinate with product teams in NY and/or Paris on development of tailor-made solutions for high-value clients.
Organize regular client visits with FIG coverage teams, senior management, product teams and/or middle and/or back office support staff
- Facilitate meetings with FIG and T&TS senior management to ensure BNPP earn share of mind at similar levels of our existing and target banks
- Bring subject matter experts (GTS structuring, Euro clearing product managers, NY Product management) to meet with both existing and prospective clients to drive increased dialogue and use of the TSB product set Regular (quarterly or more, where feasible) visits to ensure we maintain top of mind with our clients as well as ensure we foster a clear understanding of the client’s cash and trade needs in order to offer solutions on an ongoing basis
Detect and stop any attrition from existing client base
- Identify signs of attrition from our existing T&TS revenue/share of transaction volume
Prospect for new clients:
- Analyze the US market to target new banks under agreed profile with head of TSB Americas
- Attend bank industry events (e.g. BAFT) in order maintain up to date knowledge of the trade and payment needs of banks in the target geography as well as market developments and innovation in the banking space
- Aggressive monthly calling plan to meet with existing and prospective client
- Submit timely call reports for each client meeting and ensure prompt follow up to action items
- Follow up closely with coverage team and maintain/update a sales pipeline report to Head of TSB Americas
- To raise market’s/ clients’ awareness of BNPP’s TSB capabilities
- Provide input to the marketing plan with coverage teams and network teams to grow our TSB revenues in line with strategy and returns
- Working closely with the TSB Head of the Americas to review the existing plan and re-align the strategy in view of changing market condition and client expectations
Adherence to Compliance and Controls
- Work closely with the compliance department in NY as well as with local compliance in each country (particular focus on the U.S. and France)
- Ensure we adhere to compliance policies and procedures when marketing TSB products and services.
- Participate in the Annual Review for credit limits providing FIG with necessary feedback to set appropriate trade and O/D limits (for Euro DDAs)
To prepare responses to RFPs:
- Coordinate the response for RFI/RFP with internal stakeholders such as FIG, product, back office and technology.
Make sure that proper marketing and presentation materials for clients or prospects are produced by product team and central communication in Paris.
- Provide market expertise to product teams to draft customized pitch books/ presentation materials ensuring that the all are relevant to the client
To organize TSB talks and events for both FIG RMs and clients:
- To provide regular updates to RMs with information on the array of TSB products we offer so as to better assist their marketing efforts
- To improve our clients’ awareness on our TSB products with the aim of obtaining more requests for information and proposals for BNPP’s solutions for banks
- To arrange/participate actively in related banking events, such as seminars for internal colleagues or clients, or external conference such as BAFT.
To bring new ideas to enhance Transaction Solutions for Banks product set and offering
- To maintain a strong knowledge of the EUR and USD transaction banking market and follow its evolution
- Keep up to date on all aspect of traditional trade and trade finance in order to provide our clients best in class solutions for their cross border trade needs
- To identify new market opportunities and new transaction banking product ideas
- To work closely with respective product teams to commercialize ideas and turn into effective solutions
- Keep updated in innovations in the transaction banking space with focus on how that can improve service delivery, grow revenues and identify opportunity for enhancement of our platform
Reporting and evaluation criteria
- Ongoing open communication with the Head of TSB Americas ensuring that he/she is kept current on market trends, client issues and opportunities
- A minimum of 5 years in Financial Institutions coverage, Transaction Banking, Correspondent Banking or Cash Management within a major bank active in provision of Transaction banking to FI’s & NBFI’s
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of Flow Banking: Correspondent Banking, Cash management, payments and collection processes
- Strong knowledge of trade and trade finance
- A strong knowledge of Compliance and application in international banking
- Good sense of cross-selling and good knowledge of treasury/investment products (FX, liquidity products, etc.)
- Excellent sales, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels in an organization
- Technical proficiency especially in presentation packages
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
- Second language skills with French & (or) Spanish preferred
- Ability to travel as role will require extensive travel
- Ability to handle large portfolios, outgoing, a team player
- Strong time management skills
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location: US-NY-New YorkJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: MISCELLANEOUSEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 5 yearsSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / TeamworkTransversal competency: Ability to understand, explain and support change