Vice President Technical Lifecycle Management
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The VP of Technology Lifecycle Management will lead a team of technology and business subject matter experts in developing and implementing a robust TLM program and APM practice for Bank of the West. This role will be responsible for the technology and application roadmap coordinating with business and technology stakeholders to determine how to reduce complexity while leveraging our technology stack for business objectives, improving and managing the financial TCO of our technology stack, activities to reduce the TCO (application rationalization, etc), and developing governance practices and presentation material needed to effectively communicate the TLM status to upper management.
Essential Job Functions
- Participates in the planning process for future development and growth of the business.
- Prepares proposals for major capital expenditures. Ensures conformity of technology investments to corporate plants, and the economic feasibility of recommendations. Proposals include equipment, software consulting services, etc.
- Manages work queues and prioritizes to achieve maximum utility of resources and optimum delivery time. Utilizes productivity tools, measures and procedures.
- Provides technical expertise in the examination and definition of objectives for existing or proposed systems and in the design of improved systems utilizing information services.
- Develops and manages direct operating expense financial plans for the group and allocates funds within the budget. Develops recommendations of capital funding.
- Plans, coordinates and schedules investigation, feasibility studies and surveys, including the economic evaluations or proposed technology-based products and services to determine cost, benefit and applicability.
- Works with the executives of business units to coordinate the prioritization of application software projects. Develops cross system impact plan and coordinates with information systems groups.
- Participates with all areas on information systems to design and maintain overall application software and system's architecture.
- Supports training and professional development for staff members as needed to perform job duties
- Manages employees through subordinates, usually other managers. Establishes performance goals, allocates resources, monitors progress and risks. Develops recommendations/action plans. Assesses overall performance of units and develops/monitors action plans.
- Creates quality standards group.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current and emerging technologies. Interprets their applicability to short and long-term bank needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience demonstrating a strong understanding of complex product and solution design and development principles.
- Experience and knowledge of financial services (preferred)
- - Banking products and technology
- - Bank processes (business process, regulatory needs)
- Knowledge and experience developing and leading enterprise TLM / APM programs.
- Strong knowledge of leading SDLC practices
- Knowledge of technology and process automation techniques
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity methodologies and practices
- Strong personal and professional initiative with a focus on the success of the team and organization
- Be able to think strategically and act tactically
- Technology product management experience
- Ability to achieve results working across a complex organization and influencing alignment from various stakeholders
- 10+ years in a Technology Leadership role
- BA/BS preferred in Computer Science or related field
- Complete knowledge of information systems in the financial industry with experience in large scale, mid-range and microtech environments.
- Proven track record in developing and managing diverse technologies and systems.
- Extensive banking systems knowledge.
- Experience in developing business proposals.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex, concurrent systems and projects.
- Experience with managing vendor services and relationships.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.