Automated Market Making (AMM) IT Strategists team develops trading tools and strategies for the AMM Quant Trading desk. These tools generally analyzes market data and related events to generate trading signals for the desk. They also design and develop specific components to help traders monitor and analyze the behavior of strategies in production, back-test algorithms, and ensure adequate monitoring of risks and positions.
AMM IT Strategists role is critical and central to the success of the business, touching innovative and consistently evolving technologies (software and hardware) in the never ending race of low latency trading. The chosen candidate will also be working on new trading initiatives like ETF Market Making.
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates to be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards”
Provide the best possible production-capable environment for the APS trading system, including all Data Center operation, business continuity set-up, application development, deployment and support.
- Design & Development:
- Interaction with traders and quantitative researchers: Analyze new ideas and requirements for development
- Maintenance, improvement of trading application: New features, algorithms, enhancement of existing applications, optimization for speed, bug corrections.
- Implement algorithms in line with Compliance and Regulations (e.g. RegNMS, RegSHO, etc.)
- Monitoring: ensure that the trading platform is stable and works properly (scripts, batches, applications and infrastructure).
- Maintenance: adapt, improve, stabilize and automate the platform; help reduce the human factor and the number of manual interventions.
- Assistance to the users (traders and researchers).
- Interaction with Market Access teams to ensure proper quote reception and order sending capabilities.
- Interaction with IT Infra teams to ensure proper functioning of all devices: servers, firewalls, switches, database, filer, market- and inter-colo connectivity)
- Interaction with Operations to ensure proper accounting of the desk's positions: feed booking and other Back-Office systems.
Interaction with compliance teams to understand the impact of regulations on trading platform
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Experience: 5 – 8 years relevant industry experience.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline required.
- Ability to quickly resolve issues under pressure.
- Strong technical & problem solving (troubleshooting) skills.
- C/C++ and object-oriented programming.
- Object-oriented programming.
- Real-time and multi-threaded programming.
- Low-level understanding of Linux.
- Network programming: socket, TCP/IP.
- SQL, Oracle PL/SQL.
- Scripting (Python, csh, bash).
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Knowledge in Finance a plus but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of multi-core architectures.
- Libraries: ACE, BOOST, Qt
- Masters preferred.
FINRA Registrations Required: N/A
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required): N/A
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person: N/A
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.