Vice President – ORC Governance, Framework and Reporting Specialist
Risk ORC Mandate:
The mission of RISK ORC is to oversee the effective and efficient functioning of the Operational Permanent Control (OPC) framework implemented by business lines and functions (1st line of defense or 1LOD), as well as the measurement and management of Operational Risks (OR). They serve in an independent oversight capacity, as part of the 2nd line of defense (2LOD), ensuring that the 1LOD is fulfilling its Permanent Control (PC) objectives and requirements. RISK ORC’s scope includes the CIB business line, and its supporting operational units and transversal functions across the Americas (US, Canada, Brazil & Latin America).
Context: Part of the RISK ORC Governance, Framework and Reporting Team mandate is to ensure that RISK ORC remains aligned with Group RISK ORC, staff is trained on operational risk management, and RISK ORC is meeting IG / regulatory requirements in a consistent and sustainable manner. Operational Risk Framework Team member will be responsible for:
- Dissemination / oversight of operational risk management procedural framework
- Transpose the global operational risk management methodology defined by RISK ORC at Group level
- Review Global procedures to determine local impact and ensure alignment
- Track key initiative launched by RISK ORC, including: Risk Control Self-Assessment check and challenge, Key Risk Indicator gap analysis, and independent control testing efforts. Ensure consistency amongst teams in how these efforts are deployed.
- Operational risk audit / exam management (IG / Regulatory findings and control framework oversight)
- Ensure proper implementation and oversight on all IG and Regulatory findings that relate to RISK ORC
- Follow up on RISK ORC recommendations and ensure closure by properly preparing and archiving all artifacts
- Operational risk management training
- Develop and administer annual and ongoing operational risk management training and track attendance, completion, dates, etc.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- The successful candidate will have previous experience acting as a central point of contact for several teams and assessing information for consistency.
- Strong organizational / analytical skills with an ability to collect, organize, analyze, disseminate and manage information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for active interaction with multiple stakeholders, as well as management.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and articulate simple clear messages on complex topics.
- Ability to conceptualize issues and translate into solutions.
- Pro-active spirit and dynamic attitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science such as Engineering, or Physics OR a Finance related degree such as Economics, Accounting or Certified Public Accounting (CPA).
- An undergraduate degree in RISK Management or a business related graduate degree (MBA) is a plus.
- A detailed understanding/experience in Operational Risk Management is a plus.
- Knowledge or previous engagement with various control-related regulatory frameworks (SOX, SEA 17a-5) or other internal control standards (ex. COSO 2013) is a plus.
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Not Applicable.