About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The Finance Americas COO department ensures that appropriate solutions are put in place for the Finance (accounting) and Tax organization to meet their business objectives. The team acts as the bridge for the Finance and Tax organization to various departments within the BNP Paribas group, mainly the Business, PMO and Technology organizations in New York, New Jersey, California, Montreal, Mumbai, London and Paris.
The team works simultaneously on a wide range of projects arising from business and regulatory changes and strategic initiatives. The team is also responsible for the reengineering efforts of existing applications to improve functionality and efficiency. The team also provides first line user support through training, research and responding to general queries.
The Vice President OPC position has responsibilities for the implementation of the Finance & Tax operational and permanent controls framework, action plans, and initiatives.
- Manage and coordinate with Operation Permanent Control (OPC) correspondents the bi-annual Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA). Manage the maintenance and required updates of the RCSA documentation with respective business control owners and OPC teams.
- Partner with OPC correspondents Potential and Historical Incidents for Finance & Tax; along with Transversal controls applicable to the group.
- Alert and escalate to the relevant level of management any operational risk incident and any recurring weakness.
- Manage, coordinate, and prepare the quarterly operational risk forum meeting. Working across the organization to collect, synthesize, and prepare meeting materials.
- Maintain risk taxonomy in collaboration with Operational Risk Committee (ORC) and transversal risk teams.
- Initiate and follow-up on action plans consistent with Finance & Tax’s risk appetite.
- Manage the implementation of a permanent control framework in compliance with policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Manage the annual update of the Business Continuity and Business Impact Assessments of the Finance & Tax organization.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and assessments to senior management.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Preferred 8 + years’ experience in financial services with a background in Operational Risk, Controls and Audit.
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels.
- Work in partnership across teams and functions and able to develop strong relationships.
- Good analytical skills, end user technical skills, and a practical approach to applying them.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to interact professionally with diverse group of individuals from various levels of the organization
FINRA Registrations Required:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.