Vice President, IBA Project Finance ENR
About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific (www.apac.bnpparibas)
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
Project Finance ENRPE Asia, to assist in origination and lead execution, and management of Power and Project Finance transactions within Asia,
- Power and Project Finance: take a leadership role on allocated accounts and supervisory role on accounts allocated to the team juniors, ensuring all annual reviews, waivers, KYC, information request are responded to promptly.
- Execution: Lead transaction execution under the guidance of team directors where appropriate, including taking the lead on coordinating the due diligence, documentation, and preparation of mandate committee and credit application submissions.
- Origination: Assist in identification of new client opportunities, preparation of pitches, proposals, termsheets, and other client presentation material where appropriate.
- Client management: Day to day management of existing clients, and assist in marketing to existing clients.
- Team management / Training: Manage day to day activities of juniors to assist with the above.
- Ensure compliance with Bank’s policies/procedures and regulatory requirements, in particular with regard to the KYC responsibilities and duties, as per relevant policies and procedures, and the summary of responsibilities list attached hereto.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
- Stakeholder management: ability to manage upwards / downwards / internal / external to influence outcomes and drive business initiatives
- Training & Development: Train and motivate junior staff, to assist in their growth and development.
- Judgement: A strong understanding of risk (credit / compliance / reputational) and the risk appetite of BNP Paribas, balancing commercial and risk aspects of a transaction
Product knowledge: Have knowledge of the investment banking product suite (M&A, ECM, DCM Project / Corporate Finance, ECA Finance) and market conditions to be able to engage with clients and identify opportunities.
Sector knowledge; have a detailed knowledge of the power and renewable sector and project finance sectors more generally
Execution capability: Able to lead the execution of Project Finance/Corporate Finance and ECA Finance transactions.
6+ years experience in project finance / corporate finance at a leading financial institution
Sector experience preferred
University degree in economics, finance, commerce, engineering or law.
- Post graduate studies in Finance preferred.