Vice President, IBA ENR
About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific (www.apac.bnpparibas)
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
Originate, execute, and manage Oil & Gas transactions within Asia and support other non-commercial banking activities.
- Evaluate E&P assets net present value (production profiles, costs profiles) following extensive technical due diligence and site visits for development financing and/or acquisition financing.
- Write technical memorandum in support of credit memorandum to ensure the consistency in assessing the credit and technical risk.
- Attend to credit committee meetings with marketing officer to present the transaction.
- Works jointly (or independently) with marketing officers and enhances Oil & Gas group presence in its sector area.
- Follow market and customers in their development activity and anticipates/ creates opportunities.
- Assist in the other non-financing sector activities (including Advisory and Capital markets) transactions with respect to technical assessments in support of modelling for DCM/ECM and/or M&A transactions.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
- At least 5 years in asset development or hydrocarbon maturation (HCM)
- Capable of forming independent and objective opinions, given there will be only one in-house engineer.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and multi-task on several projects at a time
- Efficient time management skills due to the time sensitive nature of financing and advisory deals
Degree in Petroleum Engineering (specialization in reservoir engineering)
Knowledgeable in PRMS reserves classification
Basic RE skillsets: Decline curve analysis, Material Balance
Petroleum Economics: understands oil and gas fiscal regimes (tax royalty, PSCs, GSAs etc)