Vice President, Head of Digital Distribution
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West.
There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
We need an innovative, passionate, leader who will lead the development and software engineering on the Digital Banking Technology platforms, such as our Mobile, Online Banking, Online Account Opening and Customer facing public web sites. The Digital initiatives are the among the bank's top priorities for leading and transforming our bank into the future. Working closely with our amazing Digital and Banking teams to forge new capabilities that will digitally transform the company.
Responsible for directing and coordinating activities toward achieving information systems and corporate objectives.
Responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of technical systems and applications.
Recommends, supports and coordinates all technical development resources for Digital platform initiatives. Provides pre and post implementation assessments of quality and benefit. Requires external and internal customer interface, excellent presentation skills, strong "service" mindset with proven performance in the development and maintenance of systems.
- Drives the planning process for future in-house development and growth of the business through digital innovation
- Partner with our Digital Channels team and lines of businesses to improve customer experience through digital technology
- Manages work queues and prioritizes to achieve maximum utility of resources and optimum delivery time. Utilizes productivity tools, measures and procedures.
- Provides technical expertise in the examination and definition of objectives for existing or proposed systems and in the design of improved systems utilizing information services.
- Develops and manages direct operating expense financial plans for the group and allocates funds within the budget.
- Develops recommendations of capital funding.
- Plans, coordinates and schedules investigation, feasibility studies and surveys, including the economic evaluations or proposed technology-based products and services to determine cost, benefit and applicability.
- Works with the executives of business units to coordinate the prioritization of application software projects. Develops cross system impact plan and coordinates with information systems groups.
- Participates with all areas on information systems to design and maintain overall application software and system's architecture.
- Supports training and professional development for staff members as needed to perform job duties
- Manages employees through subordinates, usually other managers. Establishes performance goals, allocates resources, and monitors progress and risks. Develops recommendations/action plans. Assesses overall performance of units and develops/monitors action plans.
- Creates quality standards group.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current and emerging technologies. Interprets their applicability to short and long-term bank needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications – External Required Experience
- Requires 12+ years digital technology, mobile and online banking experience
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Complete knowledge of information systems in the financial industry with experience in large scale, mid-range and microtech environments.
- Proven track record in developing and managing diverse technologies and systems.
- Extensive banking systems knowledge.
- Experience in developing business proposals.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex, concurrent systems and projects.
- Experience with managing vendor services and relationships.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations