Global Prime Services technology is seeking Full Stack Senior Developer for Security Reference data application supporting Prime & Finance platform. The role requires strong functional expertise in security reference data space.
BNPP has an industry-leading Prime Services platform with multi-asset structured financing solutions across the liquidity spectrum, providing stability and consistency as well as customized financing and margin strategies. BNPP has access to capital through BNP Paribas’ strong credit rating and balance sheet. BNPP Equity & Prime services business is going through significant growth with aspiration to be top Prime Broker for Europe and within top 4 globally. The long-term focus of the platform is on supporting activities growth targets set by the management, responding to the fast pace of client demand for new products and services, and compliance with new regulatory obligations. There are several strategic technology initiatives on the way to accelerate DevOps, Virtualization, and Cloud transformation, as well as adaptation of machine learning and artificial intelligence to deliver client offering.
Security Reference Data application is one of the core PB systems with real-time data publishing capabilities serving CIB beyond Prime & Finance, including electronic execution. Application fetches Security Static for various asset classes (Equities, Fixed Income, Options, Indexes, Futures, Warrants, OTC etc.,), Corporate actions, Prices, FX- Rates, Index Components, Ratings, Interest Rates, Restricted & Sanctioned securities lists, from multiple external vendors and internal market data providers and applies configurable waterfall logic
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates to be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards”
- Application Development working alongside a team of on-shore and off-shore developers and deliver results with superior quality maintaining highest standards of excellence and performance.
- Work in an agile and fast-paced environment interfacing with management, business (Product Development, Client Services, and Operations including regulatory teams) and senior technology members to understand the requirement, provide business process automation ideas and solutions relevant to the project
- Work with external vendors Bloomberg, Reuters etc., and internal market data providers in addressing data quality concerns, SLAs and supporting new business data requirements
- Design and develop scalable and flexible application components, document technical specifications and functional flows
- Enforce technical architecture standards
- Hands-on with various software development including design, coding, UAT and deployment.
- Escalate blocking issues to the appropriate level of management.
- Perform Level 3 support when needed and supporting the teams, investigating any issues, determining root causes and obtaining resolution.
- Identifying ways to improve process, procedures to enhance quality and productivity
- Follow the SDLC process, including end-to-end development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, maintenance and support production releases
- Work with external and internal audit teams
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelors in Comp Science with 12+ year experience in software development or Masters in Comp Science with 10+ year experience
- 5+ year experience as a senior developer
- Strong functional experience with Security Reference data.
- Excellent understanding of Market data - Multiple asset classes (Equities, Fixed Income, Options, Indexes, Futures, Warrants, OTC etc.,), Corporate actions, Prices, FX- Rates, Index Components, Ratings, Interest Rates, Restricted & Sanctioned securities lists
- Experience in working with external vendors
- Experience in design and building high performance, high availability, scalable, distributed applications capable of supporting straight through processing of large amount of data
- Experience with web services development using SpringBoot / REST APIs
- Experience in the following technologies is required: J2EE / Spring / Hibernate / Multithreading / JMS / MQ/TIBCO
- Experience with Oracle / SQL Server
- Project Delivery Skills:
- Strong various technology skills with ability to think logically to analyze problems and define efficient solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with representatives of a diverse range of departments globally
- Ability to:
- Work both independently and with a team in a dynamic environment.
- Prioritize, organize own work and manage time effectively.
- Work within an environment with high pressure on timeliness and quality of deliveries
- Experience in Investment Bank and functional domain knowledge of Prime Brokerage is a plus
- Hands-on experience with messaging platforms (Kafka, Solace, MQ, etc.)
- Experience with distributed caching systems like GigaSpaces
- Hands-on experience with Unix/Linux
- Agile development experience
- Cloud Application Design experience
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
The expected starting salary range for this position in New Jersey is between $118k to $198k annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
The bank employs nearly 6,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose - to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World - https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status
Discover the different professions within BNP Paribas: IT, Tech and Data
BNP Paribas is not just a financial services group. We’re also a tech company. Information systems, data and tools are central to our DNA, and offer a very broad range of career opportunities!Find out more
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.