The Digital Compliance and Risk Analyst provides guidance within the US Financial Security program servicing BNP Paribas CIB US operations. The analyst is to assess risk exposures to crypto currencies and other heightened areas of risk identified through the review of Risk Control Self-Assessments submitted by the business lines and supporting functions of CIB US operations while also completing the annual BSA/AML and Sanctions Risk Assessments. As risk exposures are identified, the analyst ensures controls are in place and are properly capturing and mitigating risk – raising awareness to management where control enhancement and/or corrective actions are needed to be focused.
The primary focus of this role is to:
- Work closely with the Digital Compliance Advisor and other Compliance Advisors to provide guidance on emerging Financial Security related risks in the digital space and communicate such risks and trends to senior management stakeholders within Financial Security (BSA/AML, KYC and Sanctions);
- Perform check and challenge reviews of Financial Security risk exposures identified within Risk Control Self Assessments performed and submitted by business lines and functional support teams within CIB US operations;
- Liaise with Financial Security stakeholders via working groups throughout CIB Americas and Intermediate Holding Company US operations of BNP Paribas to further design Financial Security owned risk assessment methodologies as well as Financial Security related requirements for Risk Control Self Assessments.
- Perform data collection, data review and data entry to ensure timely submission of annual BSA/AML and Sanctions Risk Assessments surveys for scoring.
- Review and draft BSA/AML and Sanctions risk assessment reports capturing risk results inclusive of year over year trends for CIB US legal entities.
- Monitor and maintain the Financial Security owned inventory of controls and assist in providing guidance on Financial Security related inventory of controls owned by teams outside of Financial Security.
- Assist in providing Financial Security related guidance to teams completing the Risk Control Self Assessments and/or collecting data for use within the BSA/AML and/or Sanctions Risk Assessments (locally, regionally and/or globally as necessary).
- Assist the Compliance and Supervisory Relations teams in providing information for regulatory examinations and inquiries;
- Help to interpret, communicate and implement policy and procedure updates as a result of new rules and rule changes affecting the coverage areas;
- Represent Financial Security in relevant internal committees and other forums, as well as engage with industry groups to stay current on industry developments and regulatory proposals.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
Minimum Required Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Successful candidates will have minimum of 5-7 years of experience with a financial services firm and/or self-regulatory organization in a Financial Security (BSA/AML, KYC and/or Sanctions) position or within an audit/testing function of Financial Security;
- Experience working with Technology or similar functions highly preferred, including solid understanding of and experience supporting digital asset initiatives, advising on cryptocurrency and/or blockchain technology;
- Bachelor’s degree required; ACAMS and/or financial crime certification preferred
- Possess a working knowledge of the Securities Exchange Act of 1933 and 1934, FINRA, NYSE, listed option exchange rules, Commodity Exchange Act or future exchange rules;
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn and a desire to work in a challenging work environment where advise and decisions will be challenged by various levels of management;
- Strong organizational skills and capable of successfully managing multiple deliverables simultaneously;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective writing, analytical and communication skills;
- Proficient in identifying, analyzing and escalating potential regulatory issues and emerging risks;
- Proficient in Excel and Tableau
- License & Registrations: Not required.
- Experience advising on data governance, cloud computing, and AI highly preferred
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.