Vice President – Institutional Platform Performance Manager
- Analyze key financials including revenues, headcount, expenses, allocation keys with a focus on meaningful analytics that the Business can rely on for strategic decisions. Analysis and comments includes variance analysis vs. budgets / internal targets, highlighting trends, and following up on questions and/or concerns.
Provide commentary on P&L evolution to Finance Management and Finance support teams who use it to understand key business drivers when analyzing financial statements and regulatory reporting. This includes validating figures and providing business line commentary for the monthly Finance Flash and ExCo reports
- Ensure complete and adequate controls on Management reporting production process and related documentation (define controls required on internal management reporting so that issues are detected, analyzed, resolved with both corrective and preventive actions defined
- Coordinate development of budgets and forecasts with internal clients, including revenues, expenses, allocation keys, headcount and RWA. This includes consolidating business unit submissions, analyzing figures and trends, resolving differences, and preparing Senior Management presentations.
- Maintain an active dialogue with the business in liaison with other Finance teams on instructions, methodologies and analysis of actuals and budget.
- Reply to questions from Business Management, Finance Management, Finance Production, Head Office Performance Management, etc. with accurate and timely responses.
- Investigate profitability and expense issues discovered during analysis or communicated by business management and propose and implement solutions.
- Prepare ad hoc analytical reports and other presentations to aid Finance and Business senior management in decision making.
- Proactively seek ways to improve processes, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness. This includes engagement with the Montreal FSS Performance Management team for report production.
Work closely with the Finance project team in supporting projects with a Finance component impacting the Institutional Platform.
- Ensure on-time quality delivery of projects and activities assigned.
- Ensure backup coverage with other team members.
- Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively in a deadline-focused environment.
- Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or Math from a reputable college / university.
- 5-7 years of experience in a Finance department, preferably within a global financial services company.
- Basic knowledge of business concepts related to Banking business
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills and strong skills in PowerPoint, Word, Access etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain key relationships with Business heads and managers, Head Office and other Finance and support groups.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, with knowledge of USGAAP and IFRS a plus.
- Specific knowledge of Global Markets, Securities Services and Treasury activities.
- Familiarity with financial reporting systems and database reporting tools such as Hyperion.
- Familiarity with BNPP performance management and Middle Office tools (Vinci, Paradigm, Primo, Plato, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with data processing tools such as Alteryx.
- Experience supporting projects end-to-end.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.