Strategic Financial Management is the main entry point for Americas Business Lines and Functions for all Finance-related issues.The Finance Client Service Team (CST) works closely with all teams within Finance & Tax to assist in the seamless coordination and execution of tasks on behalf of their clients, with the aim of maintaining a consistent level of deliverable quality / timeliness and responsiveness to the client. Members of the Finance CST build extensive knowledge of the Business operations and maintain expertise in the area of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Finance operational setup, procedures and responsibilities.
The Institutional Platform CST directly supports the senior management and Business Managers of the Global Markets, Securities Services (BP2S) and ALM Treasury business lines.
Performance Management Reporting
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Coordinate development of budgets and forecasts with internal clients, including revenues, expenses, allocation keys, headcount and RWA. This includes consolidating business unit submissions, analyzing figures and trends, resolving differences, and preparing Senior Management presentations.
- Maintain an active dialogue with the business in liaison with other Finance teams on instructions, methodologies and analysis of actuals and budget.
- Reply to questions from Business Management, Finance Management, Finance Production, Head Office Performance Management, etc. with accurate and timely responses.
- Investigate profitability and expense issues discovered during analysis or communicated by business management and propose and implement solutions.
- Prepare ad hoc analytical reports and other presentations to aid Finance and Business senior management in decision making.
Projects & Other
Minimum required qualifications
- Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively in a deadline-focused environment.
- Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or Math from a reputable college / university.
- 5-7 years of experience in a Finance department, preferably within a global financial services company.
- Basic knowledge of business concepts related to Banking business
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills and strong skills in PowerPoint, Word, Access etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain key relationships with Business heads and managers, Head Office and other Finance and support groups.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, with knowledge of USGAAP and IFRS a plus.
- Specific knowledge of Global Markets, Securities Services and Treasury activities.
- Familiarity with financial reporting systems and database reporting tools such as Hyperion.
- Familiarity with BNPP performance management and Middle Office tools (Vinci, Paradigm, Primo, Plato, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with data processing tools such as Alteryx.
- Experience supporting projects end-to-end.
FINRA Registrations Required: N/A
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location: US-NY-New YorkJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: MISCELLANEOUSEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 5 yearsSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / TeamworkTransversal competency: Ability to understand, explain and support change