Vice President – ERI Team (Project & Infrastructure Finance) – Brussels
Willing to push the boundaries with us for a more sustainable world?
The Energy, Resources & Infrastructure (ERI) team is comprised of c. 130 professionals and has a leading position as advisor and arranger of limited-recourse financing solutions (including project finance) in the following sectors across the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region:
- Energy, including Renewables and Low Carbon transition
ERI is part of Corporate and Institutional Banking of the BNP Paribas group, one of the top European Banks.
The team advises clients with respect to their debt financing needs, arranges and structures debt financing (including project & infrastructure finance) as mandated lead arranger, cross sells other products of the bank (including hedging and cash management solutions), acts as coverage for certain clients and monitors its exposure to transactions on its book.
The team is located in Paris, Brussels, London, Madrid and Milan.
Within ERI, the Transaction team is in charge of execution and origination support for new deals, in close cooperation with the Origination teams (organized by sector) and the Credit Portfolio Management (CPM) team. The selected candidate will report to the local head of the Transaction team in Brussels.
Your future job
You will actively contribute to the execution of new deals, with the support of junior team members.
You will have an opportunity to support the origination teams and work on transactions across several sectors (mainly infrastructure, renewables, low carbon transition), with a range of different financing structures including project finance. You will be involved in transactions in the EMEA region.
Execution of new deals
- Full execution of arranging new deals (due diligence, financial modelling, term sheet negotiation, credit proposal drafting, finance documentation review), under the supervision of a senior Transaction team member and in close cooperation with the relevant Origination team
- Actively contribute to the preparation of credit proposals, information memoranda and due diligence aspects
- Interact with the client and the advisers as necessary
- Coach junior team members allocated to the deal team
- Participate in legal aspects (notably those aspects of the term sheet and finance documentation)
- Interact with the relevant stakeholders (Risk, Syndicate, Global Markets, Corporate Finance, Coverage, Compliance) as appropriate
- Monitor and steer the overall project execution by the other team members, in line with the internal guidelines (including compliance, credit process, profitability tools, Corporate & Social Responsibility…)
Support to the origination of new deals
- Support the preparation of screening memos, commercial proposals/pitches and, as applicable, research papers
- Actively coordinate with the relevant Origination team and any relevant stakeholders.
Interface with Portfolio & Analytics
- Ensure the handover of new deals to the Credit Portfolio Management (CPM) team after closing.
Highlight your strengths
- Previous experience in project finance and/or infrastructure finance; indicatively 5 to 10 years relevant experience
- Interest for renewables / energy transition / infrastructure sectors
- Strong academic background : master in finance or economy or degree in engineering or law degree
- Project/infrastructure finance fundamentals (including cash flow analysis)
- Fluency in English – fluency in Dutch and/or French would be highly appreciated
- Working knowledge of Spanish or German is a plus
- Proficiency with Excel – prior financial modelling experience is a plus
- Team working spirit – working in multicultural environments
- Organisational skills – working under pressure with tight deadlines
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
Tempted by the challenge?
Interested in this function? Do not hesitate to apply online.