Vice President - Equity Finance Trader
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,600 employees, of which almost 155,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the European leader in consumer lending.
BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
Business Overview: The Equity Financing team is an integral part of the Prime Services team within PS&F. The team is responsible for efficiently funding firm and customer margin loans and managing the collateral associated with these loans. The team is also responsible for sourcing securities & liquidity for PB client and internal trading desks to access in order to execute on their trading strategies. The EQF team also manages matched book trading strategies across equity financing structures in order to generate revenue for the platform.
- Coordinate pricing and trading activities in order to optimize funding, inventory usage and collateral management through securities lending, repo and delta one trading opportunities.
- Review internal processes and help to find automated solutions and tactical IT-lite solutions to improve efficiencies.
- Develop cross-asset financing opportunities through repo and securities lending transactions to increase trading revenues and reduce costs for the Prime Services franchise
- Improve connectivity and revenue production across the Execution and Financing initiative by creating more STP trading structures across the platforms.
- Review and Optimize existing borrow book
- Assist in development of automated trading strategies for SLAB/EQF team
- Review data trends to identify financing and hedging opportunities for SLAB and Funding activities.
- Source securities to support Prime Services franchise.
Minimum Required Qualifications – 3 years of Equity Financing trading experience, Familiarity with equity finance trading activities. Candidate should be able to demonstrate ability to work across and coordinate with multiple teams and support partners in a fast paced trading environment. Candidate must have solid interpersonal skills. BA/BS from accredited institution required.
Equity Derivative trading experience – including total return swaps, options, futures. MA/MS in Finanicial Engineering, Financial Modeling or similar degree. Coding experience (VBA/Python) a plus.
FINRA Registrations Required: Series 7, 55 & 63 required.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location: US-NY-New YorkJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: MISCELLANEOUSEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 5 yearsSchedule: Full-time Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / TeamworkTransversal competency: Ability to develop and leverage networks