At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader
supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for the sourcing, securing, developing, and retaining profitable banking relationships within the West Coast region region. Primary focus is on finding new business opportunities to sell Equipment Finance products and services. Responsible for contributing to the assigned Region's credit portfolio quality and participates in processing of requests for credit extension, ensuring credit facilities are properly structured, priced and documented. Maintains and grows current relationships by presenting new lending opportunities, cross selling, and other business to existing clients. Takes primary responsibility as the assigned officer for a portfolio of the most complex relationships including direct lending and agented syndicated facilities. May act in a lead capacity over Associate Relationship Managers and Relationship Managers providing guidance and supports work flow. This position is the most experienced level of Relationship Manager job family and is typically responsible for the largest and most complex commercial banking group relationships as applicable to the line of business.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Serves as primary contact with assigned prospective and current customers for all of the financial, banking, and investment counseling needs.
- Primary focus is on finding new business opportunities to sell the Bank's products and services.
- Conducts interviews with applicants to thoroughly understands current and prospective customer's needs and their financial situation to market and sell additional Bank products and services.
- Visits applicants at their place of business to verify and better assess their current situation and future needs.
- Identifies business needs and corresponding sales opportunities bank-wide and actively promotes ways to increase customer reliance on bank products and services, capitalizing on the unique and comprehensive capabilities of the bank.
- Assists in obtaining financial statements, tax returns, and other credit information and maintaining individual credit files for all existing customers.
- Participates in analysis of pertinent credit information and/or credit checks.
- Collaborates in write up of all Credit Requests, Variances and other correspondence related to the relationship. Presents credits at loan committee.
- Works with loan administration in the review and negotiation of loan documents.
- Manages existing portfolio and stays informed on their condition is aware of developing trends in the market which may impact credit quality.
- Prepares quarterly loan reports on existing portfolio.
- Maintains assigned annual goals for portfolio maintenance, portfolio growth, and new business development, and will be ranked among peers on the Division Scorecard.
- Ensures job duties are performed within established BOW controls, risk, and audit protocols.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Finance and/or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 10 years of equipment finance or commercial banking sales
- Ability to qualify, structure, price, negotiate, and close transactions
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Demonstrated history of meeting and exceeding business goals and objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with strong negotiation abilities
- Experience managing a large geographic territory
- Solid understanding of underwriting and analysis for companies of all sizes and complexities.
- High degree of comfort and familiarity with use and application of commercial lending principles.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
“While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.”
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Sales and Sales Related