About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,600 employees, of which almost 155,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the European leader in consumer lending.
BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The Credit platform provides an added value service on Credit Markets to our institutional clients. Our global offer includes vanilla flow products and complex derivatives solutions. Our distribution franchise leverages our primary market leadership, global trading set up and recognized research and strategy teams.
We are seeking a mid-level analyst to be responsible for identifying and analyzing stressed, distressed and special situation credits in support of our new client-facing US Distressed Credit Trading business. Special Situations Desk Analysts conduct analysis on factors affecting risky asset valuations to assist sales, trading and origination and to help our global client base invest capital and manage exposure to risk.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- Conducting in-depth fundamental industry and company analysis and providing insight and understanding regarding special situations to clients and to our sales and trading teams
- Performing qualitative and quantitative business and financial analysis
- Performing corporate liquidity and recovery analysis
- Creating and maintaining detailed financial models
- Reviewing legal documents including credit agreements, indentures and bankruptcy filings
- Monitoring ongoing developments in public and private companies in a targeted coverage universe
- Preparing written credit analysis work product, including but limited to presentations, one-pagers, whitepapers, etc.
- Developing and communicating investible ideas to clients and to our sales and trading teams
- Promoting and strengthening the BNP Paribas Brand
Minimum Required Qualifications
- 5+yrs experience in Distressed Debt Analysis or Investment Banking (M&A, Leveraged Finance, Restructuring, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with financial statements
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High ethics and integrity
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline
- Specific interest in complex situational and legal analysis (credit documentation, bankruptcy, etc.)
- Working relationships with restructuring advisors and bankruptcy law firms
- Working relationships with buy-side Distressed Debt investment analysts and portfolio managers
- Masters degree in a relevant discipline or CFA accreditation
FINRA Registrations Required:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.