The Equities & Derivatives team of the Corporate & Institutional Banking Legal Department provides transactional, structural, advisory and documentation support for BNPP’s Global Markets businesses in equity derivatives, strategic equity and custom index products.
Structure, draft and negotiate strategic equity (margin loans, share repurchases, covert call spread, etc.) transactional agreements.
Draft, review and negotiate Master Confirmation Agreements for equity derivative transactions
- Draft, review and negotiate master agreement documentation including ISDA Master Agreements, Master Repurchase Agreements, Master Securities Lending Agreements and related documentation
- Draft documentation for exotic equity derivative transactions and maintain confirmation template library
- Review and negotiate license agreements, confidentiality agreements and ancillary documentation
- Provide legal advice relating to equity derivatives and analysis of ISDA definitions as well as regulatory requirements including Dodd-Frank rules
- Escalate various negotiation points to business, risk, collateral, treasury and other internal functions for review and approval in connection with derivative transactions.
- Work with various teams across the organization including trading, back office and other legal teams
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously
Ability to prioritize workload, manage time efficiently while retaining attention to detail
Work across the organization as required and maintain high standards of professionalism in all dealings with team members and internal/external clients
FINRA Registrations Required:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location: US-NY-New YorkJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: MISCELLANEOUSEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 5 yearsSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Attention to detail / rigorTransversal competency: Ability to conduct a negotiationReference: LEG000359