Demonstrate the firm’s commitment to compliance by maintaining a compliance testing review program that evaluates the firm’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations and discloses violations and control weaknesses. Conduct compliance testing reviews of the various front office business areas and branches and provide senior management with detailed reports regarding the extent of the firm’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations along with value-added comments and recommendations where appropriate. Also, assist in the firm’s various certification processes, coordinate reporting of compliance metrics to the US Intermediate Holding Company and Head Office and participate in special projects/investigations as needed.
- Develop local and global compliance testing programs for specific business units and products based upon applicable laws, regulations and internal policies relating to Volcker, CFTC Swap Dealer, SEC Swap Dealer programs.
- Conduct compliance testing of regulatory requirements, processes, policies, procedures, and controls under the direction of the Team Lead and Head of Compliance Independent Testing (CIT) in order to assess and review compliance with legal, regulatory and internal firm policy and procedure requirements.
- Conduct testing of key risk controls of the first and second lines of defense.
- Escalate potential issues and exception items noted during the review process to Team Lead / CIT Head for discussion and further investigation if deemed necessary.
- Draft and validate issues and recommendations addressing the root cause of the issues with stakeholders.
- Draft reports detailing regulatory requirements, testing conducted, review findings and recommendations. Issue final reports to senior management.
- Ensure that all findings and recommendations are entered into the Reporting & Issue Tracking Application (Aurora) database for tracking purposes and perform periodic follow-up of open issues to ensure proper resolution.
- Periodically report on significant activities conducted and planned for the upcoming period, including various metrics.
- Draft senior management presentations summarizing testing activities, issues and recommendations.
- Conduct adhoc testwork of various rules and regulations in conjunction with the annual CEO/CCO Certifications.
- Assist with the annual CEO/CCO Certifications as needed.
- Conduct or assist with special investigations and projects as deemed necessary by senior Compliance and business management.
- Assist in compliance related matters during examinations by the Firm’s regulators and internal auditors.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The desired skills for this position include:
- Strong knowledge of Volcker, CFTC Swap Dealer, and SEC Swap Dealer regulatory requirements and industry application of such requirements. Strong knowledge of U.S. securities, commodities, and banking regulations, including the rules and regulations of the SEC, CFTC and all exchanges and associations under such federal agencies, including FINRA, NYSE, CBOE, ISE, CME, NYMEX and ICE US.
- Strong industry knowledge and working knowledge of the financial services focused on broker-dealer, futures and banking activities.
- Strong ability to apply knowledge of rules and regulations to numerous types of trading and banking activities and operational arrangements in addition to interpreting the effect of new regulations on these activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with front and back office staff and senior management, including global stakeholders.
- Excellent execution skills with the ability to work successfully under demanding deadlines, manage multiple reviews and projects at the same time and in a change management environment.
- Strong writing skills summarizing regulatory requirements, testing performed, results, findings and recommendations.
- Strong analytical and investigative skills.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Strong organizational and project management skills and attention to detail.
- Team player and ability to work collaboratively across the platform.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite.
- Eight to twelve years of experience with a financial services firm and/or self-regulatory organization in a compliance or regulatory related position.
- BA or BS Degree a must.
- Graduate Degree a plus.
- Professional Certification or Securities licenses preferred (SIE, Series 3, 4, 7, 9 / 10, 24).
FINRA Registrations Required:
- SIE or equivalent (can be obtained in the first year)
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.