Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks. It encompasses 5 global business lines; G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Foreign Exchange, Local Markets & Commodities, Primary & Credit Markets & Prime Solutions and Financing.
Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. GM Americas has approximately 700 staff.
Global Markets Operational Permanent Control (“OPC”) framework is a key component of the first line of defense for the management of non-financial risks and permanent controls, as part of the Chief Conduct and Controls Office (CCCO). In order to help grow the business in a sustainable way, it collaborates with Trading, Sales, Structuring and all the partner functions including Operations, Technology, Compliance, Risk, Legal. Activities include new products approvals, control assessment, risk cartographies, incident analysis and remediation, governance committees.
Management of historical incidents:
- Perform analysis, monitoring and reporting of incidents.
- Initiate action plans preparation or follow –up on action plans consistent with the risk appetite.
- Implement controls on the incident collection process and ensure incidents are followed up by business/ functions heads in a timely manner.
Permanent Control coordination:
- Analysis of permanent control framework, creation and monitoring of key risk indicators, identification of areas of improvement, maintenance and improvement of front office control reporting tool.
- Contribution to specific controls.
- Follow-up of Internal Audit and Regulators missions: coordination of answers, supporting business as necessary and coordination of implementation.
- Act as a Policy Manager for Global Markets; Ensuring policies and procedures for GM are updated on a timely basis; engage with the Central policy team with issues or questions about correct policy governance
- Maintaining e-comms / supervisory structure through ADAGEs and liaising with Compliance Registrations / Data Operations to ensure changes are made; perform necessary changes on weekly bases.
- Interactive Trader Blotter; act as the main point of contact; reviewing and responding to comments made by Supervisors on data quality or issues related to wrong assignment ; setting up supervisory delegations, liaising with the Actimize team and GM management on ITB user experience improvement and any technical updates.
- Working independently or with a support of the team on assigned projects (WSP, remediation efforts and other supervision related projects)
- Oversee use of the chase management tool, making suggestions for improvement of the tool and relevant reporting.
Reporting & Committees:
- Preparation or contribution to global and local committees such as Internal Control Committee (ICC), Business Control Committees, Conduct and Operational Risk Committee.
- Production of reports on a regular and ad-hoc basis for internal and external recipients (Group, Business Lines, Functions, Regulators).
- Prepare monthly reporting on current status of all recommendations and procedures.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- 5-7 years of relevant (Financial Services) work experience either in a Compliance, Audit, Operational Risk, Front office Control or Consultant capacity
- Strong understanding of Capital Markets activities, processes and risks
- Ability to manage changing priorities and high quality standards in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact with staff, management and functions at all levels
- Ability to work as part of team but will also be expected to prove autonomy, determination and capacity for initiative to achieve objectives set by management
- Understanding of Operational Risk and Permanent control
- Collaborates and shares information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills (written & spoken)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Previous experience in project management or global markets-dedicated control team would be an asset
FINRA Registrations Required:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.