Vice President – IT Auditor
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Internal Audit Department Description and Purpose: The North America Hub is part of BNP Paribas’ global Internal Audit group (Inspection Générale) which is staffed by highly qualified individuals who perform high quality risk-based reviews of the Business, Operations and Functions, providing assurance and advice to anticipate and understand otherwise unexpected risks and put in place the adequate mitigating controls. The Internal Audit team helps senior management to protect the company’s assets and reputation. Where it is too late to prevent failure, the team investigates the problem, helps management deal with the after effects and establish guards against re-occurrence. Headquartered in New York, the North America Hub has primary audit responsibility for BNP Paribas’ activities in the United States. The audit approach follows practices prescribed by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
• Evaluate the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of Bank policies, procedures, and internal controls as they relate to the Information Technology infrastructure and Business Application Systems as per the terms of the Inspection Générale Audit charter and guidelines of the Bank
• Follow audit professional standards and regulatory requirements in the performance of the day to day function of internal auditor
• Perform audits of Information Technology operating procedures and processing systems, test operating procedures and processing systems through the performance of detailed fieldwork, examine and evaluate results, assess adequacy of controls, communicate results, and direct follow-up efforts
• Plan, or assist the Head of Assignment to plan each audit prior to the commencement of fieldwork (includes meeting with IT and Bank management, discussing changes/events that have a material impact on the activity, revising/enhancing the examination program and scope as warranted)
• Perform fieldwork (reviews of departmental procedures, detail tests of procedures, processing systems, and records)
• Prepare work papers with particular focus on documentation and analysis to support findings
• Prepare draft findings and recommendations and follow-up on findings to ensure that the appropriate corrective actions were taken by reviewing and validating supporting evidence
• Finalize and distribute draft of audit findings/recommendations to auditees for internal control improvements
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of five (5) years recent experience in Information Technology audit
• Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or related field
• CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor),
• Strong background auditing infrastructure and applications controls
• Extensive experience in principles and techniques of Information Systems auditing
• A good understanding of Data Governance and Management, and Data Usage, along with an in-depth knowledge of the bank's work streams involved in Data Quality.
• Understanding of management principles and the ability to recognize and evaluate deviations from good business practices
• Ability to maintain effective relations between auditors and auditees, and effectively communicate audit results to a wider, non-technical audience
• Exceptional analytical abilities, strong organization and teamwork skills
• Experience with banking and financial systems (preferably Trading and Settlement systems, Money Transfer systems, Compliance and Surveillance systems, etc.)
• Ability to demonstrate business tactical and strategic thinking, innovation and creativity
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation), interpersonal skills, strong facilitation and interviewing skills in English and French
• Comfort in discussing IT Controls with bank’s management, and obtaining agreement on recommendations pertaining to technology / systems under review
• Strong risk and control awareness, and knowledge of risk assessment methodology
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• One (1) or more years of Information Technology operational experience
• One (1) or more years of Information Security operational experience
• Advanced Degree
• CISM (Certified Information Systems Manager), and/or CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
• Familiarity with FFIEC IT Examination Guidelines (e.g., Development and Acquisition IT Handbook) and data governance regulatory referents (e.g., BCBS-239, ROPE, etc.)
• Knowledge and experience with Windows and Unix operating systems, middleware, networks, databases, and emerging technologies
• Experience working in large global financial services organization (preferably Investment Banking / Asset & Wealth Management, etc.)
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.