Vehicle Maintenance Controller
About the role
As a Vehicle Maintenance Controller, you’ll use your expert technical knowledge of cars and LCVs to ensure we’re effectively managing maintenance and repairs for some of the UK’s best-known brands. Your goal will be to minimise downtime, control costs and most importantly to ensure our customers are delighted with servicing, maintenance, and repairs carried out by our network of suppliers.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· Reviewing, and approving servicing, maintenance, and repair using 1Link, our maintenance management system
· Using your technical expertise to challenge quotations, and make recommendations for the most appropriate and cost-effective remedy
· Making sure works carried out meet good practice and policy guidelines to keep vehicles safe, legal, and in good working order
· Building positive working relationships with your team, internal and external customers and suppliers
What’s in it for you?
This role is comes with a salary of up to £28,000 depending on skills, knowledge, and experience, and being at pay zone level A4, an additional bonus of up to £1,100
We have a hybrid approach to working, which means you can split your time between the office and home once you are fully up to speed.
You will also enjoy our outstanding benefits package, which includes:
· Private Healthcare (AXA PPP)
· Life Assurance
· Company Pension scheme with up to 10% employer contribution
· A range of personal flexible benefits
· 25 days holiday with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days - plus bank holidays
· An extra day off on your birthday each year
· Free Parking (when on-site)
· Free Gym on-site
· Access to great discounts on our products and services
· To celebrate your 1st year you can enjoy a ½ holiday or a £75 Love2Shop voucher
· Paid eye tests and £50 towards your lenses
· Volunteering days
· Charity Fundraising
You have good technical knowledge of cars and light commercial vehicles, likely gained in a hands-on role. You’re passionate about delivering great customer experiences, and have a good eye for detail.
Key skills required:
· IT literate, and comfortable learning new systems
· If you have exposure to 1Link or another maintenance management system, it would be highly desirable but if you’re willing to learn, full training can be provided
· Team-player, with a focus on delivering great service
· Comfortable communicating with customers and suppliers over the phone and email
Following application, a member of our Talent Acquisition team will review your CV. If we believe the role could be a fit for you, we will be in touch to arrange a telephone interview. From there, if successful, we will invite you for a face-to-face interview.
We are Europe’s No.1 vehicle leasing provider with a clear vision for sustainable mobility. Mobility is as simple as someone moving from point A to point B, however and whenever they choose. We know that for 2021 and beyond, being innovative and creative, developing existing products and introducing new ones quickly into the mix is what our customers want, whilst we also focus on leading the way forward on Climate Action within the mobility industry. Luckily, at Arval, we have an excellent pedigree in all things mobility, and the launch of our five-year plan, Arval Beyond, puts us out in front, leading the way. Find out more about our plan here: Arval Beyond
We truly believe all our Journey Makers help us shape our story – and make history in the process. Come, join our family, and be part of it too.
Culturally, we are a friendly bunch - more human, than corporate. We expect a lot but know that works both ways so offer our Journey Makers a fantastic employee experience end to end.
We are proud to celebrate the diverse nature of our customers and our hugely diverse teams, where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. We support all our local communities and groups and actively encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply to become part of our family. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age – or any other category you can think of, and we have a strong “speak up” culture through which we support and ally with all group our Journey Makers identify with.
We are a family-friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility and believe everyone has a voice and the opportunity to make an impact.
Here is a recent video we put together that shows life at Arval: