BNP Paribas is a leader in banking and financial services in Europe. The Group is present in 75 countries worldwide and employs more than 185,000 employees. Our Group has two complementary core activities, providing strategic strength and assuring the bank financial solidity: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking.
In the Netherlands BNP Paribas is one of the largest and leading non-Dutch banks. Thanks to our global network combined with our local expertise, we unlock business opportunities across the world for our clients.
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group and one of the highest-rated asset servicing banks in the industry. With a local presence in 34 countries across five continents and a global custody network covering over 100 markets, BNP Paribas Securities Services assists her clients around the world and offers them a unified service range of all asset classes.
For our office in Amsterdam/Utrecht, we are currently seeking an ambitious
Reporting to the Head of Investment Reporting and Performance (IRP),this role is responsible for the valuation of (non) listed assets, defining and maintaining the valuation policy and will give expert judgement on valuation issues.
The Valuation Analyst is also responsible for the valuation in the accounting system architecture (SimCorp Dimension) for Dutch Institutional clients and to make sure the valuation policy will be followed in a consistent manner. Furthermore the Valuation Analyst is responsible for setting up new products and services.
- Responsible for the timely completeness and exactness of the valuation of administrated positions
- Responsible for the valuation models that are used for all illiquid assets (i.e. liquidity deals, complex derivatives and unlisted equity);
- With highly specialised knowledge of the system architecture (SimCorp Dimension) the Valuation Analyst is a 2nd line help for complex operational issues (i.e. NAV calculation issues)
- Achieve of exceptionally good operational results for clients
- Achieve recognition by clients for high quality service
- Assist in the development of the business by analysing and helping to evaluate impact of market changes
- Bachelor/Master degree in Finance, Economics, Applied Economics, Econometrics or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of market, market movements and application to clients
- Experience in theoretical valuation of assets, modelling experience and implementation experience (new instruments, valuation policy)
- Knowledge of investment strategies, reporting systems, investment procedures and performance / risk analysis and methodologies is an asset
Key Technical Skills / Knowledge; general competencies:
- Strong technical skills (mainly Excel, Visual Basic and SQL)
- Preferably experience in SimCorp Dimension and Bloomberg
- In-depth knowledge of equity and fixed income products as well as derivatives
- Knowledge of (financial) modeling
- Fluent in Dutch and English (spoken and written), French will be considered as an advantage
- Organized and able to work autonomously;
- Ability to develop efficient working relationships with various stakeholders abroad and locally
Job related competencies:
- Knowledge of Dutch securities market practices and regulations;
- Understanding of business needs of major international & domestic investment institutions and their objectives in using BNP Paribas Securities Services’ products
As part of the application procedure there is an assessment and Pre-Employment Screening (PES). A PES includes a check of your ID and credentials, a statement of good behavior and a statement regarding liability at the time of commencement of employment.
Primary Location: NL-UT-UtrechtJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISESchedule: Full-time