At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Provides high quality customer service by meeting the needs of customers in an efficient and friendly manner while both servicing transactions and handling needs assessment and new account opening.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Acts as the customers' first point of contact with the Bank, by serving the customers' total financial service needs by recognizing and uncovering opportunities and contributing directly to the success of the branch. (The time spent performing sales service or customer transactions will be determined by the needs of the branch).
- Responsible for a broad range of moderate to complex activities in the branch including transaction processing, new account sales, customer servicing and referral generation.
- Establishes, maintains, and deepens relationships with banking center customers to achieve branch performance goals and provide excellent customer service.
- Adapts to the needs of the branch and focus on any promotional activities and enhancing the customer experience
- Assists the branch management with day-to-day transactions (including but not limited to approving transactions, preparing reports, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
- Requires 3 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- S2 - 3 yrs personal banking or teller experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Excellent knowledge of bank deposits, lending products, credit products, and services to open accounts or refer customer to specialists partner.
- Excellent customer service skills that include good verbal and written communication.
- Relationship building, collaboration and teamwork.
- Problem Solving skills.
- MMCRM, Touchpoint Teller and Systems Training and new account opening.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Washington-SeattleJob Type: Full-timeJob: Sales