At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing high quality customer service by meeting the needs of customers in an efficient and friendly manner while both servicing transactions and handling needs assessment and new account opening. Provides guidance and assistance to less experienced front line staff. Assists with more complex transactions and reporting.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for a broad range of moderate to complex activities in the branch including transaction processing, new account sales, customer servicing and referral generation.
- May act as customers’ first point of contact with the Bank, by serving the customers' total financial service needs by recognizing and uncovering opportunities and contributing directly to the success of the branch.
- Promotes digital solutions by assisting customers in the branch with technology and proactively shares digital options via multiple self-service channels.
- Establishes, maintains, and deepens relationships with branch customers to achieve branch performance goals and provides excellent customer service.
- Promotes and markets financial products through outbound calls, telemarketing, targeted directed mailings, and in-branch selling. May include outbound calls based on portfolio management system leads as assigned by branch management.
- Accountable for individual goals and contributions to increase branch sales, revenues and customer experience.
- Assists with more complex transactions and reporting (including but not limited to approving transactions, Branch Certifications, Cash Counts, ATM Balancing, etc.).
To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West may require all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status, and employees who are not fully vaccinated may be required to undergo regular testing.
What you need
- Basic knowledge of bank systems and procedures, typically acquired through a minimum of 3 years of experience as a teller or personal banker
- A personable nature and good customer service skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of bank deposits, consumer lending products, credit products, and other services
- The ability to build relationships, be part of a team, and work collaboratively
- Problem solving skills and a can-do attitude
- A strong attention to detail
- Comfort and proficiency working with technology and software
What’s in it for you?
At Bank of the West, you will be part of fundamentally different type of bank that is having a positive impact on the world. You can be proud to work for an organization that has the strongest environmental policies of any major U.S. bank (defined as those with more than $90 billion in assets). You’ll also be working for a place with a proven commitment to diversity, starting at the very top with our CEO and extending through all levels of the organization.
You’ll do meaningful work that makes a real difference in the world. We are leveraging the power of finance to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. As part of BNP Paribas, you’ll also be working for a global leader in positive banking, and the ninth-largest bank in the world.
We provide our team members with the resources they need to be successful at work, and to thrive outside the office. Whether it’s our healthcare benefits, a gym subsidy, parental leave, global opportunities, flexible working, or simply a pack of post-it notes, we make sure you have what you need.
At Bank of the West and BNP Paribas, we innovate, we develop, we work together, and we care; those are our guiding values, and we live them every day.
Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for quarterly incentives.
Benefits: Visit https://www.bankofthewest.com/about-us/careers/benefits.html for benefits information.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.