BNP Paribas has a presence in 72 countries with more than 200,000 employees, including 154,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
Business Area/Dept Overview
The CIB Legal department is responsible for providing legal advice and support to management, businesses and functions covering mainly CIB UK and also UK wide legal teams / CIB in other regions where necessary. Business lines supported include Corporate Banking, Investment Bank Europe, Fixed Income, Global Equities and Commodity Derivatives and Wealth Management.
Purpose & Scope of role
• UK CIB Legal - Invoicing & Admin Assistant is required in a permanent capacity to provide centralised support on processing / monitoring invoices relating scope mentioned above (in Business Area/Dept Overview section) and also provide administrative support to CIB Legal team in Glasgow.
• This role will report into Senior Business Manager, COO Office Legal UK.
Key Responsibilities of role
• Invoicing process related tasks:
o Assist to implement / industrialise central process on managing all incoming invoices / recharges
o Processing all incoming Invoices in Tymetrix / Basware (or any other systems) and process recharge where needed
o Liaising with the relevant stakeholders to obtain cost centres, necessary approvals and ensure tool is updated accordingly
o Ensure external vendors have duly followed the process to raise invoices directly in Tymetrix and provide tool / process support when necessary
o Provide support on periodical monitoring of Invoice payment status and also more broadly to analyse overall external legal spend (using reports from Bodhala Tool or Tymetrix), identify if there are any issues and ensure it’s closure, highlight any cost saving opportunities etc.
o Provide support on External Law Firm relationship management meetings, address any adhoc queries / requests
• Administrative assistance tasks:
o Assisting all teams with any other day to day requests, such as: Travel booking, Processing expenses, Setting up meetings and room booking, Document printing, Couriering, Archiving, Occasional typing, PowerPoint presentations, report / follow up any administrative issues etc.
o Support on new joiners / leavers process
o Provide support to other assistants as and when required.
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies
• Previous experience of working on Invoicing process / administrative assistance preferably in a Legal team / partnership would be an advantage
• First class organisation skills
• Strong relationship management and business partnering skills internally and externally
• IT literate (Excel, Word and powerpoint)
• Team player
• Knowledge of BNPP Paribas systems is preferred (Beagle, Basware, Tymetrix, Concur, Odeon, CWT, Sailpoint, MyPortal, Sharepoint, (training provided)
• Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good Conduct
• Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
• Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure
Please note that all applicants must disclose whether that they possess the right to work in the U.K. as per the Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality Act of 2006