Treasury Solutions Customer Services Manager
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Leads the Cash Management Service Center and Commercial Client Services mission and staff resources across multiple operating locations.
Ensures high level of performance and customer service satisfaction are achieved and maintained with Corporate and Small/Medium Business entities using depository and Cash Management products and services.
Participates in setting strategy for the teams and serves as Cash Management Division ambassador to clients, business partners and stakeholders on escalated service matters.
Essential Job Functions
- Create, maintain and enforce Cash Management customer service policy, procedures and service level standards.
- Ensure consistent service delivery and quality across multiple operating locations and all service team members.
- Create means to capture service metrics and assess service staff performance against established service level standards.
- Ensure on-going staff compliance with unit policy and procedures.
- Manages customer service human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, recognizing and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing Bank of the West policies and procedures.
- Promote retention and advancement of key staff and continuous upgrade of Customer Service talent through effective management and leadership.
- Lead and inspire service team to achieve superior performance and results.
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with staff members to communicate performance feedback, provide mentoring on developmental opportunities and provide appropriate forum for confidential staff feedback.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to communicate unit objectives and plans, new bank developments and initiatives, new policies and procedures, and to facilitate communication on unit performance and related client feedback.
- Build strong sense of team through team events and community engagement opportunities.
- Promote and achieve continuous improvement in Customer Service operations and service delivery capabilities.
- Identify opportunities for new technological advancements in service operations or significant process improvements, partner with IT, operational and third-party resources to scope development efforts and craft business requirements and provide recommendations to senior Divisional management to support funding approval and prioritization.
- Maintain open feedback loops with top commercial clients to help ensure on-going positive relationships and to identify and respond promptly to perceived erosion in client goodwill and satisfaction.
- Directly respond to and resolve escalated customer service issues arising with top-tier bank business and commercial clients and internal business units.
- Conduct in-person visits when needed to resolve client concerns and communicate commitment to superior service.
- File incident reports to Commercial and Corporate Banking Administration when required and represent Customer Service in Operational Risk Oversight Committee meetings to discuss root causes and planned resolutions.
- Possess detailed knowledge of bank and third-party provider system and operational processes that directly support the operation and proper service delivery of Cash Management product and services - to allow fast trouble shooting and problem solving capabilities related to emergent service issues.
- Direct staff resource assignments effectively during problem resolution.
- Analyze operational metrics, client product usage data and related service volumes to (1) ensure adequacy of Customer Service resources devoted to servicing complex or high-value relationships, (2) identify efficiency or service quality opportunities and minimize manual tasks, and (3) to enhance senior management reporting on operational activity and results.
- Liaise with senior Retail Banking Group and/or Commercial and Corporate Group business unit management when required to discuss Customer Service needs, client feedback and special needs, and overall satisfaction with customer service support to business unit staff and commercial clients.
- Effectively discuss and educate business unit staff on federal and bank policies and operational capabilities and limitations that impact abilities to meet client requests within desired time frames.
- Determine and provide achievable solutions to address emergent client needs.
Other Job Duties
- Drive new Cash Management Sales opportunities by incenting the identification and communicating emergent cross-sell opportunities to Cash Management Sales team.
- Support new CM Sales proposals by participating in new sales prospect presentations to discuss the Division’s service mission, unique capabilities, and achievements.
- Effectively differentiate BOTW client service from the competition and sell its value to the new client.
- Supports Cash Management product development process by cataloguing and providing client feedback on Cash Management product and services to the Product Management unit on a regular basis.
- Represents the Customer Service function on new product teams supporting the development of new Cash Management products and services.
- Ensure new product development considers client maintenance needs and administration, intuitiveness and ease of use, and technical support depth and capability in its design.
- Identify all sources of operational risk within service operations and ensure new processes, operating procedures and training programs are designed and executed to mitigate risk on an on-going basis.
- Monitor performance to ensure risk reduction objectives are met.
- Build and maintain productive cross functional partnerships with business partners in relationships with peer management across the bank in the areas of operations and Information Technology (IT) to ensure prompt attention and resolution of technical service issues impacting clients and their ability to use Cash Management products and services.
- Develop positive and effective relationships with third-party service providers as well while ensuring SLA commitments are met.
- Meet with third-party providers to share performance feedback and to effectively communicate emergent needs and concerns requiring attention and corrective actions.
- Ensure unit compliance with Federal regulations and bank policies. Support all Audit and Compliance initiatives.
- Ensure rugged adherence by Customer Service staff to Federal and back policies and local operating procedures.
- Represent the Customer Service function on bank-wide cross-functional product and service initiatives and direct project leadership on Cash Management Customer Service enhancement projects.
- Prepare business requirements and recommendations for senior management.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; leadership and management programs; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain awareness of operational expense and ensure Division's finances are used responsibly.
- Operate within budgets provided and ensure expenses are reviewed and aggressively managed to minimize unnecessary expenditures.
- Partner effectively with Departmental Training/QA staff to ensure customer service staff training plans and schedules are developed and supported.
- Obtain and analyze staff training and performance monitoring results from Training/QA to support quarterly coaching and feedback and to address performance challenges timely and effectively.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 10 years experience in leading and managing a large team in a fast paced environment
- Experience in treasury, cash management or banking required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.