At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Solutions Team Channels team is responsible for coordinating Treasury Solutions
Product Owner’s needs and delivering requirements in our leading edge online
banking tool. We have co developed our
online banking tool with a vendor and our BOTW IT group in an agile
method. We are looking for a Sr. Release Manager with
strong online banking product knowledge to manage quarterly releases.
We are seeking
a dedicated, disciplined professional who excels in a collaborative team
environment. This individual must be able to effectively communicate and
influence partners across the company and across multiple levels of the
organization. Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to
lead are essential to succeeding in this role. This individual must display
strong leadership skills and be able to drive and motivate a team in delivering
best digital experience for our customers.Essential Job Functions
product management for a broad array of products encompassing one or more
significant market segments or business lines. Oversees all aspects of product
management including market research; profitability and other financial
analyses; product or market segment planning, development, and implementation;
and coordination of sales and marketing strategies, objectives and programs. This role is a balance between product and
- Direct the
online banking quarterly releases for our commercial customers.
- Ensure excellent customer
experiences by exhibiting clear-minded decisions (again he/she will have
to work with many, many teams, stakeholders), understanding the details of
features (to not miss nuances), great socialization and communication
- Able to negotiate the needs of all
the product owners.
- Focus on content
strategy/creation, customer experience, analytics/research or product
- Communicate with executive
management, peers and other product managers.
- Define and drive full release
schedules designed to meet dynamic business goals.
- Clearly communicate issues -
impact, and possible mitigations, as they arise.
- Identify risks in advance and
drive the team towards successful resolution before the risks turn into incidents
affecting production customers.
- Ensure the product teams are
complying with all release requirements - compliance, security, legal,
- Continually provide clear and
regular status on the state of releases, risks, and mitigations.
- Drive automation of all release
processes to achieve complete and robust end to end automation of all
- Requires 10 years experience in Management/Leadership
- Requires 3 years experience in Customer Service support
- Requires 5 years experience in Cash Management
- Requires 5 years experience within digital space
- Ability to create product strategy and multi-generational plans
- Knowledge and ability to provide examples of experience with User Experience team to drive intuition design
- Experience with agile and waterfall product development methodologies
- Experience in managing and leading matrix teams
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Experience in Commercial Banking
- Knowledge of Commercial Payments/Treasury products and solutions
- Experience in Agile development
- Experience with JIRA
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Business / Commercial Banking