At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The work for this position is tied to the financial markets and will require a 7am start time
- Monitor the Bank’s daily cash balance, providing regular updates to management, and assisting in evaluating funding alternatives and implementing strategic funding decisions.
- Participate in daily calls discussing the financial and capital markets, interest rate landscape, and global and US economy.
- Assist with the Bank’s $15BN fixed income investment portfolio, including evaluating investment options, trade booking, settlement, and reconciliations.
- Administrator of the daily rate sheet that goes out to our network of branches, posting financial rates used by the branches to generate new business.
- Assist in providing reports for monthly ALCO meeting.
- Daily communication with internal and external partners on behalf of the Funding, Derivatives, and Investment Portfolio trading desks.
- Adhoc project as needed.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Experience in the banking industry, Treasury function, or capital markets.
- Knowledge/experience with wholesale funding products (FHLB advances, brokered CDs, Fed Funds) and fixed income investments (agency MBS and debt, US Treasuries).
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.