About the job
- BNP PARIBAS Group Finance, RISK, and ALM Treasury, have set-up a shared team in charge of the Group stress testing, the financial planning and the financial synthesis.
- The team named STFS, for Stress Testing and Financial Simulations, coordinates the strengthening of BNP Paribas’ Stress-Testing (S/T) and planning capabilities so as to better serve Business Lines, Legal Entities and Group needs and meet supervisory requirement on these matters, and in a cost-efficient manner.
- To that effect, STFS aims at building a flexible, industrialized, central utility accessible by BNP Paribas’ Business Lines and Entities (B/E) for their local needs and their contribution to Group exercises. STFS offers an integrated S/T service to B/Es to support them in capitalizing on the shared framework for their local needs.
- STFS is also responsible for executing all Group-wide, comprehensive stress testing exercises, whether regulatory or internal.
- STFS supports B/E’s S/T initiatives to ensure consistency with group standards while respecting local regulatory and supervisory requests.
- For the Transversal STMM team, we are looking for a Risk Analyst / Data Scientist with strong Data Science skills. The candidate must be interested in Stress-Testing methodologies development and implementation of methodologies such as Reverse Stress Test, the questions of extreme scenarios identification with large number of drivers and scenario probabilisation.
Your Main Activities Are
- Carrying out stress test exercise for internal and Regulatory purposes: stress test exercises rely on several existing risk methodologies with their own production processes. You will be in charge of calculating these projections together with the analysis and production of automatic reporting for quarterly internal capital exercises.
- Monitoring STFS and BNPP Group for questions about Stress Test models and calculation engines that you have developed and that you use.
- Pursue the development of the Python library on Stress Test models. This involves building the architecture of future library modules in collaboration with the team members in Lisbon and Paris
- Bring innovative approaches to find solutions
- Documenting key procedures and controls
- Carrying out any other task associated with the role as reasonably requested.
- The candidate will be reporting to the head of STMM Lisbon team.
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master’s Degree in Master degree in mathematics, econometrics or statistics, engineering, quant fields
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Background in programming with ability to use Python and R or VBA
- Knowledge of credit risk management principles and BCBS regulations would be much appreciated
- Knowledge in IT, Data Intelligence, Research and Quant Analytics
- Competent user of Statistics modeling tools
- Competent in Database Management, Data Viz, Blending , Analytics
- Fluency in English
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Ability to deliver / Results driven
- Analytical Ability
- Ability to develop and adapt a process
About the Team
- BNP Paribas is recruiting for its STFS Center in Lisbon. The STFS center in Lisbon is mostly dedicated to credit risk (composed of one Data Analytics team, STDA and one Credit Methodologies & Models team, STMM) and we are looking to develop the Transversal part of the STMM team. All teams work in a one-team manner with the corresponding STFS teams based in Paris.
- The Transversal STMM (Stress Testing Methods and Methodologies) team is in charge of implementing the holistic approach to stress testing, dealing with interactions between the various components, defining shared practices, and coordinating transversal works. The transversal team works closely with other teams of STFS, gathering the full view on model roadmap and capabilities, in the implementation of the stress testing target operating model. The team focuses on market, operational, securitization and CCP risks leading transversal topics such as the review of the Internal Capital calculation, inter-risk diversification analysis and the implementation of a comprehensive Reverse Stress Test methodology.
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.