At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference... Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
... Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
Americas CIB Transversal Operation Permanent Control (“OPC”) team is responsible for strengthening and aligning the OPC teams embedded in our businesses by standardizing and implementing a consistent methodology across the region, and ensuring ongoing monitoring.
The Transversal Controls team is looking for a candidate who will support the regional team in a leadership position based in Canada through the analysis and reporting of data to senior leaders. The position is created as part of extended team headed in New York and localized in Montreal as part of the regional set up. The CIB Americas Transversal Operational Permanent Control (“OPC”) Team has a broad range of responsibilities, overseeing the operational controls related activities in various perimeters like front offices, Operations, and functions such as Finance and others. The responsibilities include among other tasks: control design, monitoring, and assessment, control performance reporting, risk assessment, audit recommendations follow-up.
- Coordinate the entity’s operational control framework related to all operational risks front-to-back including fraud, third party, conduct, compliance, regulatory, technology, and other risks.
- Collaborate with Operational Risk and ensure the business lines/functions are in compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines issued by Operational Risk as well as external regulatory and supervisory requirements.
- Advise the bank’s business lines and/or functions on defining their risk appetite through a controls self-assessment (RCSA), periodic controls assessment and review, improvement of controls through audit recommendations, and monitoring of historical incidents.
- Ensure alignment of the local control environment with the global requirements at the Group level.
- Manage the controls self-assessment (RCSA) for respective business lines and/or functions by ensuring effective implementation and maintenance of the RCSA within the operational control framework.
- Support the local COO and CEO for Op Risk local governance committees (report and update on status of historical incidents, control results, recommendations, and other key performance indicators) under the supervision of the local team manager and in liaison with Operational Risk.
- Lead, consolidate, and produce key reporting metrics for monthly retrieval, review, assessment, and monitoring of permanent control information (controls on controls, Key Risk Indicators, Key Performance Indicators…).
- Ensure that follow up points are addressed and actioned by the issue owner prior to governance committees.
- Actively prepare visual meeting dashboards and update control owners on control performance, topics of attention, and key control initiatives & projects.
- Periodically re-assess and evaluate the control assessment scope & parameters based on the defined risk appetite, and external and internal factors within the changing risk environment in order to ensure accuracy and efficiency within the periodic control assessment process.
- Lead and develop automation in reporting and enhance efficiency in the day to day tasks.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Undergraduate University / Bachelor of Arts or Science degree required
Masters, MBA or Advanced preferred
- An innovator with tenacity and intellectual curiosity to identify and resolve the root causes of issues, adding value through independent mindsets
- A leader who uses a positive approach, rising to the challenge of stretching objectives and requirements striving to achieve them within agreed deadlines and standards
- Acts on own initiative and actively seeks to find solutions to problems
- Proficiency in productivity tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), Business intelligence tools (Power Bi, Tableau)
- Exceptional analytical skills and superior technical skills and a practical approach to applying them.
- Superior communication skills, oral, written, and presentation
- Solid project management skills
- At least 5 years’ experience, preferably in Controls / Risk, Audit or Compliance,
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site - please contact us by email canada_recrutement [at] ca.bnpparibas (dot) com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **