The Transitions Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery and integration of existing client restructures, closures, new business or complex transitions/operating models including obtaining an overall understanding of the client needs, planning, execution and implementation into the BNP business units. The role would suit someone with extensive market knowledge and experience, with a strong understanding of third party investment manager, client and custodian requirements. Fund accounting (and preferably HiPort) experience would also be highly beneficial.
Commitment, engagement and collaboration with a good understanding of project management principles are required to deliver a professional service, in a quality manner by building and maintaining a continuous service program that supports the business and enhances its responsiveness whilst protecting our existing business requirements through effective scope management.
Purpose of Department
The Client Solutions team is responsible for delivering all BAU client-led change. Primarily this will involve client transitions, restructure requests, and operating model changes. Team members require a solid understanding of Stakeholder Management by applying project management principles combined with an agreed communication and governance framework.
The core product areas covered by Client Solutions are: Client Delivery (encompassing all administrative and custody services to Clients), plus cross product deals, eg Foreign Exchange, Collateral or Treasury services. The types of events managed by the BAUT Team include:
- New fund launches
- Portfolio re-constructions
- Fund mergers
- Fund restructures (incl manager appointments and terminations)
- Assisting with new client onboarding
- Client exits
- Implementation of new BNPP approved and established service or operating models for a Client
What will you be doing?
- Liaise with and co-ordinate custodians, investment managers and other external stakeholders to ensure smooth and timely completion of Client transitions and restructures.
- Ensure appropriate levels of governance are applied to all implementation activities.
- Undertake and / or oversee appropriate transition execution monitoring and checking.
- Facilitate information provision to external stakeholders to help ensure no additional risk to the management of Client assets during the transition period, e.g. data provision to Transition Managers, Portfolio Managers.
- Attend client, consultant and custodian meetings and calls and where necessary initiate and lead them.
- Undertake appropriate tracking and governance of transition operational tasks and issues, e.g. corporate actions and income monitoring, asset transfer settlements, as well as all time-lined actions and tasks to ensure all required activities are completed.
- Maintain required transition records for reporting and audit trail purposes.
- Work in isolation or with Project / Program Managers and lead workshops with stakeholders to clarify current processes and future business requirements.
- Generally, a Transitions Manager will run their deals with end to end ownership other than where for example, deals are of a significant size or complexity, require IT builds, need to be run under a budget, then the TM may would work as a workstream lead under a project / program manager.
- Ensure full, transparent and appropriate communication to and from all stakeholders throughout the transition / restructure life cycle.
- Adhere to appropriate escalation processes to escalate, for example, resource issues, delayed project phases, missed deadlines and other planning issues.
- Undertake Post-Implementation Reviews as required to determine and document learnings and issues to ensure continuous improvement of the implementation function and execution.
- Deliver all Implementation projects and programmes in line with recognised best practice methodology (managing risk, governance, quality assurance, issue resolution, reporting and communication) and in line with BNPP’s BAU Transitions Framework.
- Contribute to establishing and implementing sound project methodology and continuous improvement within the Business Implementation area.
- Assist and Support the Client On-boarding and complex implementation team, where and as required.
- Contribute to building a strong customer service culture for all implementation programs.
- Contribute to efficiency improvements (i.e. process and control improvements, reduction in errors) without impacting negatively on service, brand and therefore shareholder value.
- Ability to manage relationships with external participants and proactively manage all issues.
- Undertake administrative tasks required to support the above activities.
- Engage and leverage off economies of scale with counterparts and colleagues in other BNP regions and share transition management experiences.
- Adhere to all BNP policies and relevant procedures, including the Code of Conduct.
- Approximately 5+ years in Financial Services, with knowledge of fund accounting and unit pricing, investment administration, custody operations.
- Good working knowledge of custody investment administration business and financial services sector, including asset management and Superannuation Funds. Hiport experience is beneficial
- Demonstrated capability in project / implementation management (either as an SME or full planning capacity), sound analytical ability and strong stakeholder management.
- Degree qualified in Business, Accounting or a related discipline; or substantial industry experience in a like role.
- Possess strong, demonstrable implementation / project management skills
- Strong leadership to set the team mission and maximise team members potential
- MS Office suite proficiency: Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint